US$96
US$80
US$85
Agoda.com
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$199
US$188
Mandarin Oriental
4,705 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesentral stationklia expressle meridienbusiness triprain showerexcellent hotelconvenient locationpublic transportshopping mallbuffet breakfastbukit bintangpetronas towersairportzetavascogym
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This would be my fifth stay at this hotel. My suggestion of rooms would be the room with the double twin beds as these rooms are larger than the rooms having king sized beds. I have stayed in three different sized rooms. Anyway, ask for the room facing the lake. Has a nicer view since the other side has construction of buildings going on.

This hotel is also connected to the Le Meridien KL. So you will have a lot of choices for restaurants. Try SUDU for a blend of local and international buffets and Chyna for Chinese cuisine. If you like Japanese, try Iketeru and one of the chef menus (mind you, the course is very big for the small eater).

Location wise, it's not in the centre of KL. BUT it's a four or five MONORAIL ride away from Bukit Bintang (shopping area), 5 minutes cab ride to the huge Mid Valley City shopping mall. Night life, it's also 5 minutes away from Bangsar and 15 to Hartamas.

Hilton is also home to Zeta Bar. A really happening club with usually a great band playing. Do go!

Still a nice stay. Back again next year!

• Stayed: August 2011
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and I will pass on your comments to the hotel team members.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights in May and was travelling on business. The hotel is beautifully equipped with excellent amenities. The location is right beside KL train station so is extremely convenient. Main restaurant and coffee bar were great with lots of variety of cuisine. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in KL. We also took the Hop On and Off tour which was a wonderful way to see the city. We stopped at the Aviary Park and spent a relaxing afternoon. This was a great way to wind down after many hours of travelling.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2011

I have to say the breakfast was enormous, with breafast foods from for Indian, Chinese and Malay palates, but also an enormous Western buffet breakfast selection. Make sure you have at least 1 breakfast at the hotel.

The hotel itself is very much a business hotel, with the rooms perfectly set up for a sole business traveller, but I travelled with my wife and still found the room extremely comfortable. The bathroom opens up into the bedroom with giant sliding glass doors, and has a very comfortable bathtub, and a large rain-shower. While I didn't use the outdoor pool area, it has a large pool with different shapes and sections, and a great waterslide for the children.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed here for Business and really loved the hotel. It was very convenient to Sentral and literally 28 minutes from the airport. My room overlooked the Botanic Gardens and Birdpark and was so quiet and comfortable. The concierge and ground floor staff were helpful, friendly and so cheerful.Breakfast was wonderful with so much choice. Every detail was attended to.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ozbirdlover

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I go to KL every 2 months for work, and almost exclusively stay at Mandarin Oriental. However, due to ongoing construction, I decided to give the Hilton a chance. I have to say I was disappointed with the service. First, it took them two hours to give me a room, even though I arrived at 2 hours after the check in time. While the property is new, the rooms are great, I did not feel comfortable with the overall vibe of the hotel. I normally go there to enjoy a cup of coffee almost every time, but staying there has reduced its charm. I doubt I will stay here again.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay.

Rest assured, I have taken the time to personally discuss this isolated incident with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests that stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.