Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$199
US$185
US$77
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$100
US$93
Priceline
  • Fitness centre
4,706 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesentral stationklia expressle meridienbusiness triprain showerexcellent hotelconvenient locationpublic transportshopping mallbuffet breakfastbukit bintangpetronas towersairportzetavascogym
Reviewed 6 February 2008

I stayed in the Hilton for a short business trip in the week before Christmas.

Whilst I have no complaints at all, I found that the hotel to be so large and impersonal that I felt quite lonely there. Unusually so as I am well used to my own company on long business trips.

Simply it is a very large business hotel situated extremely close to the town terminal of the airport express train and therefore very convenient for late night arrivals.

All facilities are fine although I don't think I succeeded in finding a bar with real atmosphere. Certainly the principal lobby bar has a very transient feel. Nobody seemed to be relaxing, everyone was waiting to meet somebody then move on.

Recreational facilities - pool and gym/health club are fine.

Unusually, the hotel is situated, twin-tower style, next to another major business hotel. I can't remember which. As you arrive from the station you are confronted by two doors, one leading to each hotel. The signposting is not good. I was not the only bemused traveller unsure of which route to take.

One evening I ate outside at the swimming pool bar which was excellent. Good Malay style food and an option to taste an array of wines well suited to the cuisine in a tasting 'flight'. Small measures of each, but well chosen.

A well run and impressively large hotel but if you are looking for something more genuinely Malay and intimate I would look elsewhere. When you find it please could you let me know?

Stayed: December 2007
5  Thank Diptych
Reviewed 5 February 2008

We stayed for 3 nights on a stopover from Bangkok to Los Angeles. Selected hotel for brand name and location. Being across the street from Sentral Station made for easy transport to all parts of the city.

The lobby could be a bit larger for such a large hotel. We came in mid-morning, but the room was available. Registration was swift and we were in our room within 10 minutes after walking into the hotel. We chose a room on the 30th floor. This room-rate included breakfast in the executive lounge. It was advertised as continental, but cook-to-order food items made it much more. It may get a bit busy, but there is another room that is opened when it gets crowded.

Housekeeping was excellent. The drain knob in the tub came off. I called their hot line and had a plumber in the room within 15 minutes at 10:00 p.m. Maids checked our room once in the morning and once in the evening for turndown service. I really liked the electric "do not disturb" sign for the room, just don't forget to turn it off.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fbc53
Reviewed 2 February 2008

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. Stayed in room 1803, a standard king room.
Starting with the aiport the service was very good. Once I identified myself to the Hilton desk at the airport they had someone walk me to the train and then another Hilton staff met me at the station and walked me to the hotel shuttle (you could also just walk since it was across the street from the station). Check-in was smooth without any wait. The room itself was very modern and clean with a large flat panel TV, big bathtub with separate shower room. I also used the conference room facilites each day, which were all arranged without any problems. Had dinner by the pool one night. The food (a mixed grill) was quite nice.
Given the location next to the train station and near my company offices, I would definitely stay here again. It is a little ways from the city center and the Petronas Towers so if I was in KL just for sightseeing I might choose a more centrally located hotel. On the other hand you can take the train from the station across the street and be downtown in about 10 minutes so location really isn't a big issue either way.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jamesjustin
Reviewed 26 January 2008

Stayed Jan 08 for 4 nights on a stop over to Australia. The Hilton is a first class hotel. We arrived too early for the normal check in but, since our room was not ready, we were upgraded from Executive room to executive suite and checked in straight away. The service is superb and the rooms exceptional.
Some tips that may be useful.
Its worth paying for Executive room as this gives access to the Executive lounge, where you can eat all day for free, with free wine between 6.30 and 8. Good breakfast with sandwiches at lunch and interesting buffet in evening.
Take the train from the airport. Its cheap and convenient and the hotel is next to the Sentral station with Hilton porters everywhere, very easy.
Staff were unbelievably attentive, nothing too much trouble.
The pool is excellent and food is good poolside.
Getting around the city is easy and cheap by train.
When leaving it is possible for people flying Malaysian Airlines
to check in luggage and get boarding passes at Sentral Station

A very good stop over and spent most of the time in the hotel - it was that good

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LeekJohn
Reviewed 14 January 2008

My wife and I booked this hotel at the end of a great holiday in Malaysia. Although the hotel is a 10 minute taxi ride from the main triangle it is excellent location for travelling to the airport for return flight.

Having our flight with Malaysian Airlines meant we could walk across the concourse from the hotel and check in our luggage for our flights at the central station before catching the KL Express to the airport.

This is an excellent hotel with superb staff and being a Hhonours Diamond Card we were upgraded to the executive floor where the rooms are very spacious however hugely over engineered for my taste ........ my 25 year old son would love this room however at 55 years old I find all the buttons , switched , sliding doors etc etc to be unnecessary and a nuisance..... The exec. lounge one of the best I have ever been in , our massages at the spa very relaxing and our meal and drinks at the pool bar excellent and relaxing. We enjoyed a very good evening at the pool bar and thoroughly enjoyed the live bands music.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank MandC