“Bamboozled by the Service”

Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #14 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We have been patronizing this hotel for the past 11 years. Hence we are super well versed with everything here. Was again staying over in Hilton KL over the weekend including celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary. If the past was good experience, this time it was above and beyond. Everything from the rooms to the restaurants delivered michelin star service. Room was beautifully prepared (inc properly airconditioned), amazing chocolates/macarone, flowers, etc.

Special shoutout to Mr Nazri and his team, inc Ruziana.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors and view of the lake (little extra charge but worth it). Do not take room number...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicholas G
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Nicholas G,

Thank you for your patronage at Hilton Kuala Lumpur. Your feedback is extremely valuable and I am pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality. We truly appreciate hearing from our valued guests and thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful Hilton Kuala Lumpur experience with fellow travellers.

I thank you also for your commendation of Mr Nazly and his team. I have passed on your message of thanks to them. It is always a pleasure to learn when our team have made a difference to a guest's stay experience.

My team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and thank you for choosing Hilton Hotels & Resorts.

Happy wedding anniversary!

Lucky Ou
Operations Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My first stay at this hotel was in April for 1 week. More recently (September) I had a 3 week stay and held an event there for 100 people. Both were very good experiences.

My event ran smoothly and I was very impressed with how organised and attentive the staff were. Their event/training space is on levels 6 and 7, each floor giving a completely different feel to the other. Level 7 was more my favourite as it looked newer and a bit more stylish.

This is a big, posh, hotel located in Sentral. So whilst it’s not in the centre, it does have good transport links and is right across the road from Sentral Train Station which has the high-speed train to the airport (28 mins). It’s also one train stop away from the famous Central Market.

The bedrooms are a really good size and the bed is gigantic. I had both a walk-in shower as well as a big tub. I had lovely views over the city as well. They always made sure I stayed hydrated by leaving me around 10 bottles of water in my room each day!

The Executive Lounge on the 33rd floor has a great view of the city with its floor to ceiling windows. They do operate and enforce a dress code of no shorts, swimwear, sandals.

There’s around 5 restaurants in the hotel, all of which are great and offer something completely different. The room service menu is also extensive and has a varied price list depending on your budget. There’s even a bar/club which has entertainment and you can watch the entertainment on the TV in your room – maybe before deciding if you want to watch it in person! The breakfast buffet is very extensive with a number of food stations, so I think you’ll be spoilt for choice!

Food and drink can be quite pricey compared to outside. If you go back into Sentral train station, there’s some food options there (KFC, McDonalds, etc) and from the station you can get the escalator up into the Mall, which has a lot more food and drink options. You’ll also find some places out of the street.

I did enjoy going for a drink on the evening in the lobby bar and listening to the live jazz band they have playing. Very nice to relax to.

A word of advice, if you choose to get an Uber or Grab over a local taxi (and you should because there’s a huge difference in price) be sure to send them a message to say you want them to go to the lobby. I had a number of cars wait downstairs rather than come up to the lobby. I don’t know if that’s due to the Uber/Grab app not sending them to the pickup you selected, or if the drivers see a Hilton sign and think their job is done.

I was trying to think of a bad experience I had and the only thing I can recall is ordering a medium cooked double cheeseburger from the lobby bar, only to get a well cooked single cheeseburger with bacon and egg (those toppings weren’t mentioned on the menu), so it was just that item which was a little misleading.

In summary, a fantastic hotel with great staff and a good number of things to do on site. It’s one of my favourite Hilton’s and I would definitely return.

Oh, I had my do not disturb sign on many a time and was never bothered once!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LeeWils0n

Dear LeeWils0n,

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a pleasant time. We truly appreciate hearing from our valued guests and thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful Hilton Kuala Lumpur experience with fellow travellers.
We do note your comment on the cheeseburger and we are working with our culinary team members to see how immediate improvement can be made.

Lucky Ou
Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 October 2017

From the moment I arrived as a solo traveler, I did not feel alone. Greeted by Harvin Singh, the Team Leader at the Executive Lounge on the 33rd floor, complete attention to detail was given. Throughout my entire stay, Harvin and his team saw to my every need and he and his team went well beyond my expectations. I was upgraded to an Executive corner room on the 31st floor with a fabulous unsurpassed view of KL.The amenities and offerings in the Executive Lounge were absolutely awesome. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank EXPflyer
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, Hotel Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality. We truly appreciate hearing from our valued guests and thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful Hilton Kuala Lumpur experience with fellow travellers.

I thank you also for your commendation of Harvin and our Executive Lounge Team and have passed on your message of thanks to them. It is always a pleasure to learn when our team have made a difference to a guest's stay experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I loved staying here and location is perfect, it is right next to the station where the airport train arrives and you can get to everywhere so easily. Special kudos to Ms Nur Zahra Winnie who looked after me so well in the Japanese restaurant which was excellent. It is so hard when you travel alone as a woman to feel comfortable in a restaurant and they looked after me so well. Lovely pool area, lovely view towards the city. You are close to the hop on hop off bus and station with the excellent metro.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank AnnCederhall

Dear Guest,

I thank you also for your commendation of Winnie, our Iketeru Outlet Operations Manager, and have passed on your message of thanks to her. It is always a pleasure to learn when our team have made a difference to a guest's stay experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This hotel located near KL sental station, very nice location. I was upgraded to 32th floor room. The view was great but I could hear a little sound from the 33th floor(Lounge). Great breakfast and dinner buffet. The swimming pool looks very nice but I didn't have time to go there. Got invoice issue when checked out, but it was solved quickly. Overall it was a pleasure stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple