All reviews cheras aeon velocity sunway lobby shopping stalls
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Why we prefer Hotel Maluri?

I travel with my family (2 adults 3 small children)
We require a room for all of us as our children are still small to sleep in separate hotel room (plus additional cost)

Hotel Maluri suits us in terms of:
- A room comes with 2 queen sized beds - can accommodate my whole family.
- Good food - we enjoy ordering ala carte food such as kueh teow goreng (fried flat noodle) and fried rice. The portion is big, the presentation is good.
- Bell service - this is important as we carry bags and other things.
- Free parking - exclusive to customers. More importantly it is in the compound of the hotel, gated and guarded.
- In the room : 2 queen sized beds, flat screen TV with Astro, work table and chair, round table, coffee and tea facility, mini refrigerator, cupboard, iron, slippers and more.
- Service - very friendly staff, they are well trained. Majority can speak in English.

Malls nearby: Ikea Cheras, Sunway Velocity & AEON Maluri.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

I only stayed there for one night which I checked in on the 31 Jan and checked out on the 1 Feb but I have been there several times because of my family. I needed a place to stay last minute and I saw their " Fabulous New Year " offer. RM155 net for room only or RM175 net with breakfast for 2.

I was interested with the offer therefore I called in at 7.49am on 29 Jan to get more information ( I have checked their website but information given was not complete ). The first call the line was bad, I could not hear what was the guy saying and I was not sure what was the reason. I hung up the call and called them back again. This time I could hear him clearly BUT the guy on the phone sounded so tired and unwelcoming. I introduced myself in the phone and he just kept quiet, I asked him some questions and his answer was " yes, ya, okay ". At that moment it was so awkward on the phone. I had all my questions ready but because of that I totally forgotten everything. I felt like he could not be bother about me maybe because I am only staying there for one night and I took the offer which offer very low rate??

I decided to send them an email to tell them about my experience and enquiry some of the important informations. Until now I already checked out from the hotel, they still did not reply my email! I waited for them to reply and ended up I have to call them again ( Luckily this time was way better ). On the day I checked in, thank god everything was smooth and nothing much to complaint about.

The room was very simple and a bit old ( do not expect fancy things available ). The room was clean, air conditioner was okay, the bathroom has a bathtub but had some rusty stains around it and the refrigerator was working but the knot to control the temperature is broken so you cannot increase or decrease the temperature. Free parking and free wifi is provided.

Overall is just an okay stay for me. Definitely needs to upgrade the hotel and improve their customer service.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KathleeShayne
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved staying in this hotel the staff were fantastic and helpful who says you nab to stay in 5 what hotel to get 5 star treatment me and my family were treated like royalties
The staff were awesome definately would recommend staying here

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I stayed a total of four nights at this hotel, September 2016. The people at the front desk were helpful and spoke English fairly well. The hotel requires a serious revamp / renovation as it is really run down sadly. The rooms and especially the bathroom was in terrible condition. The shuttle service was one way only to the city, you had to make your own way back. The hotel says wifi in rooms, but I could not get any reception the entire four nights I stayed at the hotel -- the only way to get wifi reception is you had to go down to the ground floor / reception area where the wifi was better.

If you looking for a hotel closer to the KL city centre, then this is not the place for you. The hotel really needs a major renovation.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Hotel is really old and requires a revamp. Showers were old and dirty to the point that I could not use them. carpets were old, torn and stained.

The shuttle service was really useful when getting to major points.

WiFi could only be used on the ground floor, the signal was too weak up stairs.

Staff at the front desk were ok but I felt like they didn't want to speak to me.

The service at the restaurant was good but prices were through the roof.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo