“Least Expected Experience for So-Called Business Class Hotel”
Review of Impiana KLCC Hotel

Impiana KLCC Hotel
Ranked #43 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Check in - 9 June, 2012 Check out - 11 June, 2012
Booked a weekend deal in he Deluxe Room with breakfast for 2 adults. When I made the booking via email thru the hotel reservation, I have mentioned that I would require a poolview room, away from lift lobby and on the higher floor. Upon check-in, the staff did not even ask me on my requests. Not sure if the reservation staff had indicated on the booking in the system. Also, I have requested if the staff would be able to upgrade us with an extra bed for my girl. But instead, she told the cost for the extra bed. Hmm.. did she listened to my question in the first place. So I was not interested for the extra bed.

We got a room on the 6th floor just outside the lift lobby. Room looked more like a Superior Room rather then a Deluxe Room with no carpet on the floor and its quite cold at nite for my daughter.

When we are in the room, I have called the operator to change our existing room to a bigger room with extra bed. We waited for 15 mins still no return call. Then was told there was no rooms available. We requested for extra pillow and floor mat, the staff took more then 15 mins to bring them to us.

Our booking comes with Dinner Vouchers of RM58 off the actual bill for June 9 & June 10. We were not given the vouchers. Then later i remember about the vouchers, I went down to the counter and was given only 1 Dinner for June 9. So I asked then how about the June 10 Dinner Voucher, the staff said I need to come down again the next day to collect. They also said they can send to me but they did not send to me at all. Question, why the staff did not give the Dinner Vouchers for the 2 nights stay ?

Good thing we did not stay in the room so much as space is very constraint.

Overall experience so so only.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room are very small. Not sure if they have a Superior Room. If yes, probably it would be ev...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JulianaGhouse

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I had stayed in KL before but wanted somewhere close to the Petronas Towers that wasn't over-priced. I love the city and the atmosphere and wanted a hotel that I could see everything from. The web page for the KL Impiana seemed to indicate it had rooms with city views, so I booked it. I arrived into KL's LCCT airport in November 2011, flying in from Bangkok and got the high speed train into KL Central, then a taxi to the hotel. Like many of the buildings in KL the Impiana is a mixture of glass, concrete and steel like so many of the bulidings in KL. Spacious and airy, the reception area is large with well presented, professional, friendly and courteous staff who greet you with a smile. A good start I thought for our first night here.

We were shown a room on the fourth floor and it was immediately obvious that there was no view at all except for a multi-storey car park. When I questioned this I was told that it had been built recently. The room was also dark and felt claustrophobic. All the rooms with a city view were on the opposite side of the building and there were none available. I requested a room change anyway but was told that the only one available was on the thirteenth floor near the buliding work that would become the extension to the hotel and that it would be noisy in the day. We took it, the room being lighter and more open, a slightly better view between buildings and quiet enough at night. It was quite small, of a modern style and furnishings with polished wooden floors, quiet air-conditioning and a nice bathroom. The four nights at the KL Impiana were fine after the initial move and although the reception manageress handled the move with some reluctance at first, she accommodated the request from a customer as she should, with a professional attitude. City views can be seen from the pool and bar area on the fourth floor but when we visited it was closed, which was just after 9pm and the hotel didn't have another bar, so we had to resort to room service.

We ate in the huge restaurant at breakfast time and enjoyed a wide variety of food. The staff were friendly enough and cleared the tables quickly and efficiently. There was no actual waitress service and even the tea and coffee were self-serve, but it was good enough.

The KL Impiana is a five minute walk from the Petronas Towers complex and several other shopping malls are close by. The hotel provided umbrellas when it rained, which I thought was a nice touch. It did rain very hard for short periods during our stay, so it was much appreciated. The hotel did do several day tours but I thought that they were expensive and padded out with unecessary stops. We used local transport and enjoyed seeing more of the city. We weren't aware of the walkways that other guests talk about but I do remember some being constructed during our stay. We did visit the KL Tower, the Orchid Gardens, Butterfly Park, Perdana Park and the Batu Caves etc. All were great and very interesting. However, the Pavillion Shopping Mall which was decked out for Christmas with giant Christmas trees and an old fashioned fair with carols playing, was simply awesome, like something out of a childrens fairy tale book.

Would I stay at the Impiana again? Certainly. A nice enough hotel with good service.

Room Tip: The best rooms with a view are on the side or front and are more expensive of course. Those at the b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 28 May 2012

What an amazing hotel. We loved staying at this hotel, especially as it was a little bit of luxury at a very reasonable price after a month travelling through Vietnam. The rooms are large, well appointed and immaculately clean. We found the staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful and if you were so inclined you could spend your stay here without actually leaving the hotel. The morning buffet breakfast is extensive, catering for all comers and it is nice to sit down to brekky at a linen napkin and tablecloth. The hotel is in a great location, connected to local areas of interest by an air conditioned walkway. This was particularly good on our first night as it teemed rain and we were able to go out to dinner and stay dry whilst walking. There is an amazing infinity pool on the 4th floor and we also enjoyed a very reasonably priced and pleasant High Tea.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Foxy52
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I loved staying at this hotel. The rooms are very large, modern and clean. The staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful. The restaurant has a nice restaurant with a great buffet breakfast.
This hotel is in a great location and very close to the convention centre. It is also connected by an air conditioned walk way to the Pavillion shopping centre.
The pool area of this hotel is quite nice, good infinity pool with some pool lounges.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Abby R
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The location is unquestionable good especially if for this trip which was meant to visit AQUARIA. Hotel staff were friendly and polite especially at the cafe. Even my kidz wanted to stay again at the hotel because of the friendliness of the staffs at the cafe. Reccomended to all and would definately stay again if given the choice.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family