“loved the food”

Marble Cafe
Ranked #43 of 153 Restaurants in Male
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Reviewed 27 September 2016

i have been to this place few times with family and friends. every single visit i have experienced mouth watering food. i would recommend this restaurant for a satisfying meal.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

It's a small place in that small restaurant I can say 90% people's are smokers if open air is open for non smokers too that would be good.

2nd thing if you could get quality waiters for service once you visited them they will great you bhiya how are you ??? when I asked about dishes they are not able to explain to me.

3rd thing if you could extend your beverage list would be nice

Reviewed 29 October 2015

went to have a bite late in the evening, the food was ok and the staff was friendly. the menu has variety of options to choose from. Ok place in Male

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I had really high hopes for this place, which is maybe why I was disappointed.
First off, the owners here seem like nice people, but I had a very hard time even communicating my order to them. I wasn't surprised when they brought it out a little wrong, although I'm a forgiving patron and am not worried by something little like that.
Secondly, there is a very peculiar, petite, girl who serves the food and buses tables there. She seems very out of place with her all-black emo outfit and hardcore utility boots. She was very socially awkward, although she seemed like a very nice person, and wanted to do her best to get us what we needed. When I told her that my order came out with fries instead of the salad I asked for, she put on quite a show that was more awkward than Michael Scott from the office at his worst. She started bowing, apologizing emphatically, and walking away backwards. Then amidst all of this she says "whatever I can do sir for your utmost satisfaction". Ha oh my... I honestly felt like I was part of a hidden camera show! Please understand that I was as polite and nice as I could be, so its not like I went off on her.

As for the food, I was pretty disappointed with the gyro sandwhich. I thought the "lamb" was reminiscent of the hamburger patty from McDonald's. The pita bread was good, the dolmades were tasty, and the salad was fresh and came with a very tasty oil-based dressing. The pinnacle part of the meal though was the gyro sandwhich, and in my opinion it was not good. I eat at Mr. Gyro's frequently, and I think their lamb/beef is better quality and better tasting. Marble Top also costs more than a similar lunch at Mr. Gyro's.

Overall, I was disappointed because of my high expectations I suppose. I would give it another shot but try a different dish. I do love local businesses!

3  Thank AndyVerne
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The food is not spectacular and the prices are a little above average BUT their Marblizza pizza is a definite must-try. Also, what I go back for each time are the nice staff (not overly friendly - just right) AND the amazing ambience! Best time to hang out is from sunset to midnight. The view of the city and the ocean makes up for the so-so food.