All reviews thai restaurant four poster indian manager breakfast was delicious nights staying hotel staff member lovely boutique next morning chicken tacos large bed perfect stopover rooms are clean local ferry mini fridge small hotel resort island ferry terminal
Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

Sala hotel was our last stop after our island stay in Vilamendhoo. What you read and what you see from the reviews are exactly what you get and even more. I cant find fault from the service right from picking up us at the airport until the time to leave. The receptionist Vinoth and the owner Thomas are all so accommodating and friendly. They just don't chat to you on a business level but their kindness go beyond that. Even friendlier than most of the staff in Vilamendhoo which equate their service with tip(sad reality).
Room is big contrary to what they say about the size of room hotels in Male and breakfast is not scrimped.
But the best part was allowing us to stay in the room until 6pm when check out should be 2pm since our flight is at 10. They are not just here for business but they're here to serve. A big thumbs up for the whole team of Sala. Highly recommend this place. You will never go wrong.. Never.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Waking in to this place was such a pleasant suprise! Beautiful and clean! Fine thought and small details all paid attention to!
We went there for a night s stay in male after our resort stay, I must say the service and cleanliness is fantastic!

We had such a warm welcome and farewell by the owner Thomas!
Staff there were very friendly and honest! I left my mobile phone in the room and luckily the housekeeping staff found it before I left the hotel grounds and returned it immediately!

The food in the restaurant brought us back to our last visit to Thailand that s how good it was!! Great Wifi connection too!

Made our last day in maldives just as great as our entire holiday!

Thank you Thomas and team!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2015

It was one of the best Hotel stays i have ever had in my 5 years in and out of Maldives! Room and bathroom was exceptionally clean, bed was so soft and comfortable, the scents of the ambiance, friendly and warm service from the staff and most importantly feeling safe and secured in Male town.

The Owner, Thomas sets the exemplary service for his team to follow. Breakfast served and the Thai Restaurant he runs has delicious authentic Thai food, reasonably priced at that. The cute simple foot massage room provides excellent foot massages - the best i have experienced in my 5 years of travel in and out of the Maldives.

Certainly am recommending Sala Boutique Hotel to all family and friends who travel to Maldives, or need to transit in Male for a day or two between international flights.

Room Tip: Efficient service, friendly & helpful staff, comfortable & clean rooms
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2015

Our flight landed in Male at midnight Hong Kong time. We were exhausted and Sala Boutique Hotel provided the perfect stopover. It was a short ferry + taxi ride from the airport. Thomas greeted us on arrival, check-in was prompt. We wanted a light supper and their Thai restaurant served the most delicious and authentic Pad Thai ever.

The next morning, we were heading to our island resort via seaplane. Thomas and his staff served us a fantastic 6:30am breakfast then escorted us to airport. Despite our late arrival and early departure, we felt completely welcomed and taken care off.

We loved our "Bangkok" room. It was beautifully done, spacious and clean. We are so impressed with their attention to details. Staff are friendly, professional and well-trained. Staying at Sala Boutique Hotel was truly one of the highlight of our Maldives stay. So glad we found this hotel from TripAdvisors reviewers!!!

We will certainly be back and highly recommend to anyone looking for perfect Male City / Resort stopover.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2015

By far my best experience staying in Male.

Owner and employees we far more generous and helpful than any hotel I've visited on island. The level of intuitive service was beyond what I would have expected. I will be coming back!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business