All reviewsarmy navyjunior suiterizal parkmodern comfortsinfinity poolelegant lobbymuseo pambataboutique hotelfunction hallnear airportsmall casinoquirino grandstandrich historybreakfast buffetlong weekendperfect stayrestaurant staff
Reviewed 20 July 2018

My husband and I stayed here for one night and we chose this hotel mostly because of its proximity to Intramuros. We were not disappointed! Rizal Park Hotel should be the choice for anyone who wants an historic ambience combined with modern conveniences. We chose the deluxe king room with a view of Manila Bay. The room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. The pillows, gloriously soft. The staff were all very courteous and eager to please. Anthony M, one of the servers in the dining room, was an absolute delight to interact with and we really appreciated his attentiveness and friendliness. Meals were offered buffet style or a-la-carte and were very tasty, and there was both Asian and European food available. We were sorry we could not stay for more than one night. We will surely return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
BJMarcial, Front Office Manager at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear RomeLoverMelbourne,

We are happy to hear that you have a lovely stay with us and thank you for choosing to stay at Rizal Park Hotel, As we aim to provide the best products and services.
We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

All i can say is....WOW! Not because of the ambiance, history or service. WOW in the sense that this is all you can say from what is answered to you by the staff and what you can hear from them.

Parking is a problem as stated in the last reviews. The parking rate is higher in comparison to the adjacent 5 star hotels in the area. I had visitors who even dined at the chinese restaurant but was made to pay for their parking since they failed to present a receipt. The lobby is not big enough and there were no guests at the lobby at that time, so it is quite hard to cheat your way out of the parking fee since the staff can see my guests arrive before and after they ate. Security personnel told us that they cannot do anything about it since they will the ones charged for the payment if they let the guests go. WOOWWWWW!

For the minibar, I was made to pay for items that were missing. Also the room service items we ordered were not complete but we still were made to pay for items we did not order. Instead of arguing, I just paid the bill. It seems the hotel was really adamant in getting money out of the guests for whatever reason, which I think are the reasons that I will state in my last comment.

My driver stayed in the lobby during my 3 day stay. The drivers of my friends also stayed in the lobby while they were eating. Funny story is, they both can hear the staff at the lobby talking about the same topic. They were talking about their salaries being late, salary deductions that were not supposed to be done and several ex-hotel personnel complaining about their back wages. All i can say is wow! Not a good topic if you ask me to talk around in public, but it seems there is a problem with how the staff are being treated. It shows on how they try very hard to get every penny out of their clients because according to what the drivers heard, they will be sanctioned if they do not. And as a result, a bad experience for their guests. I do not blame the staff since my drivers just overheard their stories. But if this how the staff is being managed and treated, say goodbye to the 5 star target rating they tell the guests.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
BJMarcial, Front Office Manager at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear oliqueen

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your review. I am deeply sorry that your experience was not satisfactory. Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the challenges you faced and we accept your feedback as a way for us to grow. Rest assured any internal information with the management and staff are handled discretely and professional way.

Hope to have another opportunity in the future to make amends and regain your confidence towards . Please send your contact details so that I can reach you directly.

Kind regards,

(fo.manager@rizalparkhotel.com.ph)

Reviewed 13 July 2018

The ambience is quite impressive and I love that their buffet is affordable. It has quite a number of choices however one thing that I would like to bring to management's attention are the following :

- there are a lot of flies flying around
- areas where the roof / ac is leaking

I hope you can fix this as it really changes the overall impression of the place. I can take the leaking roof or ac but not the flies please. You need to fix this.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
BJMarcial, Front Office Manager at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Anym_qc,

Greetings from Rizal Park Hotel!

Hope all is well with you and thank you for sharing to us your experienced. About the points you mentioned the management are on to it, we have a person in-charge with the task every night. AC and roof leaking are also on the special projects with of our contractors and all are already in placed.

Again, thank you for giving your feedback and we look forward to see you in our property.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Our family stayed here for one night to celebrate our anniversary, and prior to going I read up on the hotel's rich history in their website, which made me look forward to our stay.
The first thing that greeted us when we entered the hotel was the luxurious interiors. One could also see that much was done to preserve the original interior of the former Army Navy Club building.
We were booked in the junior suite, and the room was so spacious and minimally furnished. I noted there were two TVs, one each for the dining/receiving area and the huge one in front of the bed. The bathroom had a large tub with shiny, ornate fixtures, as well as a separate shower area.
Even the hallways looked so elegant, with numerous wall lamps dotting the walls, as well as the floor tiles. Too bad the staircases that went from the lobby to the second floor were cordoned off, but I understand it could be due to security.
Their breakfast buffet carried a wide array of food, although I missed it if they served any bacon. One also had to request for their brewed coffee from the passing attendant, instead of getting it from a ready dispenser (to deter coffee addicts, perhaps?) Most of the personnel here are courteous and ready to provide assistance when you need it.
The hotel doesn't have a pool, though, but one can overlook that.
It could have been a great stay except for a couple of things, particularly one.
For an upscale hotel such as this, one will wonder why they have no valet service. Even a nearby hotel not as opulent as Rizal Park has that. Or if the hotel doesn't have valet parking, the least they could do is ensure a parking slot for booked guests and a separate area for guests of events happening then at the hotel. We had a terrible parking experience during our stay here. Upon returning from a drive, having had dinner elsewhere, we were told by the guards by the entrance it was full parking and had to park our car OUTSIDE the hotel due to some event happening there ("Chinese Hongkong event" was the only evasive response we got from front desk). When I explained that we were booked guests there they insisted that we had to park outside, before brusquely telling us to move on because there was a queue of vehicles behind us (SUVs obviously of guests of the event). To think we were booked in the hotel?! Good thing the guard by the exit offered a space still within the compound where I could safely park my car. That was one sore point I have associated the hotel with.
Wi-Fi here also is terrible, since most of the time it fluctuated. Same with the channels on cable TV. But I suppose this would be a great time to explore the hotel.
During our checkout I overheard the frontdesk lady tell a guest that they are aiming for 5 stars. And I sure hope this hotel achieves this-- with the hotel possessing such history-- so long as they iron out the glitches mentioned here, particularly the parking.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Choleng P,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us.
I am very happy to hear that you like the interior design, from hallways to the room and spacious bathroom. Truly a preserved history of the building, As you noted the breakfast experienced we have shared your comment regarding the coffee station which will be convenient to our guest and the team will look in to that. Another point you mentioned is our pool, indeed we don't have the pool at the moment but our phase 2 building which includes pool, spa, gym and lounge will be available and expected by end of August or early September. Lastly the parking slot for in-house guest, our parking open for hotel guests, restaurants and casino first come first serve basis but of course we prioritise our in-house guest but due to event that night all slot was taken.

Thank again for giving your feedback we're all looking the best way possible for our procedures and for the comfort of our valued guest.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Facilities and amenities are not yet complete for the price tag. The hotel is relative new so it is understandable but they should not yet charge for the price of a 5 star hotel when they cannot provide first class facilities. The people are friendly to say the least and the food adequate.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
RJLeonor, Asst. Front Office Manager at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear GeneA,

Greetings!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on your recent stay here at Rizal Park Hotel!

Regarding with the facilities and amenities our swimming pool and gym will be operational within this year. We'll inform everyone as soon as we launch it.

Thank you for commending the hotel staff and our restaurant.

We look forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,