“A new low in 20 years of travel”

Baywatch Tower Manila
Ranked #27 of 92 Speciality Lodging in Manila
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We were referred to this condo unit from another owner in the same building who was not able to accommodate us on our travel dates. when we arrived and were led up to the room 2305 there was a strong chemical odor in the hallway. Once inside we found the AC units not working, no internet router installed and the TV reception such a poor quality as to be unwatchable. Maintenance came and remedied those items and while they were fixing those items we looked around further in the unit.

The unit may have not been rented in a while as the refrigerator was not plugged in. when we opened it there was a bad smell inside. We mentioned this to the maintenance crew and their response was that they thought it was normal and did not smell bad. We could not bring home food to set in the refrigerator due to the smell. Good thing we did not, as there was no cutting board provided and no drinking glasses. When we went to sleep we found there were no sheets provided nor were there any hand or dish towels. The beds were some of the worst we have experienced in 20 years of worldwide travel.

On a call down to the front desk to address these issues we were told that housekeeping left at 5:00pm and they could do nothing. The next night things were worse as an AC leak flooded the bed, furniture and floor in one of the rooms. To their credit, maintenance did the best they could by re positioning the bed and ringing in a new mattress after shutting off the AC unit. They offered to move us to another room, but we were already late for a night business meeting and could not take any more time.

The next morning we brought these issues up to the onsite property management to ask for a one night refund of our two night stay and were told it could not be done. Having visited over one hundred countries in our travels, we have never seen a place so poorly run or unaccommodating, especially in view of the aforementioned conditions. Avoid this property at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Very poor customer service, when we tried to contact the hotel, the receptionist answered the phone and was very sarcastic and unprofessional, she did not answer any of the questions asked and was not very helpful. On arrival, we found the staff to be rude and after having booked the hotel online, we booked a 2 bedroom apartment, when we actually went to the reception desk, the receptionist stated that they only provided single rooms and no double rooms, rooms were not as described and the manager rejected a change in room or a refund, very disappointed and it is unacceptable for the prices this hotel charges, would not recommend this hotel to anyone, neither would I ever book this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Winston1960
Reviewed 20 December 2014 via mobile

Arrived after we had booked a room in advance from a reputable vender to be greeted with blank faces and eventual excuse that they had changed management, leaving us having to walk the streets trying to find alternative accomidation. They did not offer any assistance whatsoever.

Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank Matt F
Reviewed 24 November 2014

I’ve always wanted to search for a hotel in the heart of Manila where I can enjoy the day and relax with the amazing view of the Manila Bay on my window. After the long search, I found the Baywatch Tower.

Baywatch Tower is located at M.H Del Pilar St., Malate, Manila. It is very accessible and it’s just a 5-minute walk from Aristocrat. The unit we booked is owned by Mr. Oli. He owns two types of units at the Baywatch Tower (Studio type and 1 bedroom) and other units at Le Mirage. These units are available for short-term rentals like overnight or so and long term rentals as well. For inquiries or reservations, contact +63916 310 9692 or +632 782 0522. You can also send him an email at baywatch@condohotelmanila.com

Once we arrived, we were welcomed by Sharmaine who manages the rooms owned by Mr. Oli. So every time you need help or assistance, it would be best to call Sharmaine rather than the front desk. She is very accommodating and replies very promptly to inquiries and requests.

We stayed in a 1-bedroom unit at the Baywatch Tower and it was one of the most comfortable stay we ever had. The unit is very homey. The moment I entered the unit I immediately felt at home. I even thought that I can actually live in there forever.

The unit is complete and has everything you need, it’s like I brought my home with me. It sure is very well-maintained by the management. The couch is very comfortable that I don’t mind sleeping in it for the night. The living room also has a home theater system which I think is amazing. There’s also a computer desk and chair if you want to work comfortably on your laptop. Another great thing that I loved is that the unit has its own internet connection and it was very fast!

There’s also a split-type air conditioner on both the living room and bedroom and an extra fan as well in case you would need it.

The unit also has a dining set where you can enjoy a meal properly.

Speaking of meals, I don’t think food will be a problem when you stay in the tower because the kitchen is fully equipped and has everything you need. There’s a kitchen range where you can cook, a refrigerator where you can store food and a microwave to reheat. Clean purified water is also available for guests for free and can be replenished every time during your stay. So make sure you bring food that you want to cook if in case. There’s also a Ministop right across Baywtch Tower and restaurants all over the area.

Kitchen utensils and equipment are complete and readily provided. There are plates, spoons and forks, glasses, mugs, frying pan, coffee maker, toaster, rice cooker, water heater, blender and etc.

Next is the bedroom and it is very tidy and comfortable. The room is spacious and relaxing. The bed and pillows are very soft, the closet is huge with a safety deposit box, iron and ironing board. And there is another LCD TV with a wide range of channels to choose from like the one in the living room.

And once you opened the curtains in the bedroom, you will see this amazing view of the city outside. The sliding glass door also opens going to the balcony.

The bathroom of the unit is very clean. There are toiletries provided like tissue paper, soap, shampoo and conditioner.

The bath tub is also very clean and well-maintained which I appreciate because I really love spending hours soaked in the tub and dirty tubs is a big No-No for me.

The towels provided were also clean and seemed new.

The best part of this unit for me? It’s actually the balcony, mainly because of the amazing view. I’m such a sucker for breath-taking views especially if it’s the sunset at Manila Bay!

The hallways at Baywatch Tower are very quiet. The elevators sometimes arrive slow but it’s not a big problem. Other great perks for guests are free use of Baywatch Tower’s amenities which includes the Sauna, Gym and the swimming pool. This is one of the best pools, the water is a bit cold but the view is love.

I loved everything about our stay at Baywatch Tower. I love the privacy and the homey unit which has everything I want in a home. I would always choose to stay here every time. The 1 bedroom unit is just perfect and the amenities were great, it’s definitely money well spent!

If you are looking for a home away from home in the busy Manila then I wouldn’t hesitate recommending this place. I know you wouldn’t regret staying here, you will definitely get more than what you’ll pay for. I know that because I did! Out of all the hotels and condos I’ve stayed at, this offered me more even the things that I didn’t actually expect I’ll get.

Read more of my reviews on my blog!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nika B
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

It was our first time booking this room through app site. It was not what we expected. It is basically a condotel type where someone downstair will be waiting to let you in the condominium room. Sheets and towels felt filthy. Not recommended for family and couples. Solo traveler on a budget maybe. We checked in and check right back out within minutes. Waste of money.

Stayed: August 2014