Open today: Closed

from US$119.24
More Info
from US$141.12
More Info
All reviews cultural heritage paintings filipino luna philippines history country jose
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2016

The Museum is freeto enter. A friend of mine who works there gave my family and I a personal tour. I think you can also request a tour as there are students there doing there internship. The exhibits are well maintained and the flow is good. What I find missing is more description of what the exhibit is all about. It would be nice if they have an audio that comes with the tour even if we have to pay for it, just like in other museums in other countries.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Our company consists of my cousin who is based in Los Angeles, USA and his two lovely daughters. They normally visit the Philippines regularly every two years or so. This time however, they requested to go to the National Art Gallery in Manila. Amazing, we saw a lot of beautiful work of art not only of the Masters but also regional painters based from far flung provinces such as the religious paintings from an unknown Boholano and some modern paintings by Jose Joya. That morning somehow made us proud Filipinos knowing our ancestors were cultured, educated and art lovers too.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Lots of amazing artworks from our very own artists! Also well organized and clean. But I must say, it's not really family-friendly. We went there with our 8-month old baby and we weren't allowed to bring in his baby bottle. We were told we had to go back into the reception area to feed him when he gets hungry! I guess they would much prefer a wailing baby who can be distracting to other museum visitors than one who is contentedly sitting on his stroller drinking milk from his bottle. Also can I just say RULES HAVE TO APPLY TO EVERYONE. Bags are not allowed inside, they have to be deposited at the concierge but I saw one group of visitors with their own tour guide who all had their handbags with them. It really infuriates me to see some people getting special treatment. I, of course, confronted the lady guard and she said they were "special visitors" at the museum. Who cares? So apparently, they are being selective when it comes to the "no-bag" policy.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Free admission! Need I say more? I went with my sister here a few months ago to see what there is to it. And one of the main highlights was definitely Juan Luna's Spoliarium

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 26 August 2016

It is a great art collection for art lovers and a good history education through art for our students. Went here with my grade 1 son and 2 college student nephews. All of us had fun and were amazed by the different painting collections. Of course the Spolarium at the great hall took my breath away.

Date of experience: July 2016