Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$119.24
More Info
from US$141.12
More Info
All reviews cultural heritage paintings filipino luna philippines history country jose
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2020

Upon entering, the first major painting was the Spolarium by Jose Luna. It was entered and won the top prize in Spain in the 1800s and eventually was returned as a gift from the Spanish government to the Philippines.

The painted scene showed what happened after a gladiator fight but we were told the figures represented the Filipino suffering under Spanish rule. It was a powerful painting on a grand scale.

We enjoyed visiting this museum and learning more about the National Artists that contributed much to the Filipino cultural heritage.

I highly recommend coming back multiple times and enjoying the art work.

Date of experience: November 2020
2  Thank audreyb120
Reviewed 6 September 2020

Structure is ok but contentwise, nothing much. I hope they add more items. It can get chaotic and noisy when students visit.

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Citygal12456
Reviewed 27 April 2020 via mobile

This is one of the 4 part of National Museum in Manila
I did 2 Visit to to museum one is and the other one is natural history.
In this Museum, i loved the art displayed the carvings, the paintings, the old artifacts, the history and story of every displays.
I can say 2 to 3 hours roaming around this bldg will give you lots of information and knowledge about Philippines.
Very informative.
The building is quite old but i like.
Worth the visit.
No Entrance Fee.
8 am to 4 pm admission if am not mistaken.

Date of experience: January 2020
2  Thank ronnav2016
Reviewed 12 April 2020

I was in Manila for my first time and had heard this was a place to visit. It was awesome. Many paintings and art from the Philippine history. Many staff to help you understand the history. I was told I couldn't wear my hat inside and no flash pictures. The are was very historical and the Catholic Church was a large part of the art. There were many students touring the museum at the same time.I sat down many times to observe the art. A lot of art focusing on Jose Rizal who is thought of as the founder of the current Philippines. It was very interesting to me a a history buff. I had a very enjoyable time except I lost my ball cap in the museum since I couldn't wear it. Salamat to the staff and also to all those who loaned or gave the art to the museum.

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank Sergeant57
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

There are 3 Museums Art, Natural and Anthropology which are completely free admission and you will see tons of stuff, If you like museums this is a must visit when you are in the Philippines. The tour will take your whole day.

Date of experience: October 2019