Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$42
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$36
Free cancellation until 02/02/22
eDreams
US$34
ZenHotels.comUS$35
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2019

It's not the most accessible place, a bit difficult to get to if you have large luggage items because of the craziness outside, but I'm glad I stumbled upon this place while exploring the Quiapo area. Location is good, there is plenty to see in the vicinity and there are jeeps right outside that take you to intramuros or rizal park area or you could just walk along Quezon bridge, it takes about a half hour to get to intramuros from there depending on which route you take. There are also little electronic tricycles that take you to Binondo or Divisoria from there.

I booked a suite here and I was not disappointed. Very clean, lots of space to move around and everything was well presented and seemed new.

The surrounding area is very busy and can be quite noisy at certain times. I was glad to see the room had good quality insulated windows that helped with the noise when shut. Unfortunately the rooms are not completely sealed off from the outside, there were large gaps in the airconditioner fixture that were not sealed off particularly obvious in the morning allowing fumes from all the cars in the highway to get in.

Check in was a bit of a pain, there are two or three ladies at the front desk but they did not seem capable of checking in more than one guest at a time. A bit of an annoyance when a bunch of people show up at the same time to check in as was my experience. Check in is 2pm and they are quite strict on this.

Also, the place has a family ktv on the second floor but I don't think there was a restaurant. You need to order your breakfast in advance the day before from the front desk and assign the time, so if you wake up early, you'll have to wait a bit and if you plan on sleeping in, expect a knock on the door. It's a bit of an annoyance not being able to just get your breakfast when you wake up. On the plus side of that, breakfast they provide was really quite good. I was happy with my beef tapa and rice and waffles and hash browns.

Overall, I found the quality of hotels across Manila in this price range to be lacking but this was quite the find. I would definitely book here again without hesitation if I were to return.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor of the hotel. Since I have a lot of meetings in a day, I needed rest for at least 2 to 3 hours and this is provided by Sun Star.

I am very much satisfied to have a comy short stay to ease my tiring day in this hotel. The rooms they provide are always spacious and are in great shape.

My 3hours stays are always satisfying. Bed is big. Bathroom is well cleaned and hot/cold water is working. All others are great.

Kudos to this affordable hotel and their warm, approachable staff.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Quiapo area is a noisy and rushy place but for some good reasons i love to be here when I am in Metro Manila: The Church herself, and the cheap trades which I am actually go for. Besides that, by my experience, it would only take me less than an hour from the area to NAIA Terminal 2 and vice versa during day time or even 25 minutes between 12:00 midnight to 4:00 am.

I was surprised and amused the first time i checked in at Sun Star Grand Hotel. The room was spacious, very clean, of modern style and I love the gallery of paintings adorning the hallways. And the price is very reasonable that I have now a patron of the hotel three times.

Room tip: Choose windowed room facing Quezon Blvd. if you love watching Quiapo culture or windowless rooms to filter off outside noise.
Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Nevin H
Reviewed 12 March 2018

the place was decent and clean, love the hot and cold shower, also it is very spacious and good wifi signal. unfortunately i can here people talking outside the room, also pls add more channels on your TV.

Room tip: seems all the rooms are the same, but u can choose the room where u can here no noise.
Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Jade F
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

The rooms are clean and modern, the AC works well and good hot shower. Though it is so noisy, the receptionists stayed up to 3am in ths morning having a very loud conversation with some other girls, I dont know if they were guests or just their friend's but I had to call 3 times to ask them to keep it down. They were literally shouting as though noone was asleep. Very disrespectful as I then could not fall asleep they basically ruined my night here. Also they charge you 100 Peso for an adapter! No not just a deposit they actually sell you an adapter which by the way we are leaving Philippines today so we do not need this adaptor. We actually do not even have any Pesos left almost as for we are at the end of our holiday. Though again the rooms are nice and very well kept but comeon have some respect for your guests at night!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lukezc100