“Good service and above average food”

Monte Alban Restaurante
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Andrews
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The restaurant is a little easy to miss. It's on the east side of Andrews before the downtown area. The service was really good and the food was inexpensive and above average. It's clean and well decorated. It would be a good choice for inexpensive food.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I've been eating at this Mexican restaurant since it opened. There is nowhere else to eat in the tiny town of Andrews! The food used to be excellent, then it was on a steady decline over the last several years. My last few visits, it seemed the food is improving again but the service still leaves a ton to be desired. None of the original staff is still there. It's all new people. For a while, they were employing high school kids and that could only be described as a disaster. I haven't seen any lately, though. The staff is unfriendly and a little unattentive but mostly unfriendly.

We visited just a couple of nights ago and it was crowded due to the local schools having winter formals and everyone was eating there. We had been waitiing a good 15 mintues with all the staff ignoring us, THEN they seated a family who had just walked in the door before us. That did not make me happy. A staff member started clearing a table for us, then just disappeared halfway through.

I ordered the shrimp enchaladas and they were laughable. Three soggy tortillas with about 4 PIECES of chopped up shrimp in each one. Luckily, they tasted good, considering how paltry they were.

Upon leaving, the girl working at the register didn't seem to understand how to use it, which added another 15 minute wait to get out. If they could improve the service, this might get back to being a great restaurant again.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

My mom and I had driven all day for our Thanksgiving week. We stopped in for dinner. We were greeted quickly, seated, and served our drinks with chips and salsa in a matter of a few minutes. Their salsa is excellent!!!
My Mom ordered the #27 combo platter. I ordered burritos.
The food came quickly and was excellent.
I definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

The smells wafting outside were good but we left disappointed. Attentive staff and good Mexican guacamole. However both meals were way overly salted. I had steak quesadilla and husband had a combo with steak and chicken. Could not get beyond the salt to taste the meal. Too bad I was hoping for better.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Very yummy Mexican in a festive atmosphere! We try and go here at least once when we visit the Andrews, NC area.