“Perfect wedding venue”
Review of Hawkesdene

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andrews
Hawkesdene
Reviewed 29 March 2016

You know you've chosen the right wedding venue when your guests make plans to visit it again, before they've even left! My husband and I brought a group of approximately 40 guests to this gorgeous mountain retreat for a four-day getaway. From the first inquiry email to the last tearful goodbye, Hawkesdene and everyone associated with the property exceeded all expectations. I am a detail-oriented, organized worry wart; but I had absolutely no vision whatsoever for what my wedding should look like. The only concept I had in mind was that I wanted my friends and family to gather for an extended weekend - to enjoy a vacation together. Hawkesdene embodied that concept to a T, and they helped me uncover the rest of my vision by asking all the right questions, putting me in touch with top-notch vendors, and supplying ideas and pictures. Rob and Phil, the owners, were helpful and candid about what I did and did not need to spend our money on. [Do: hire a ceremony musician (we were thrilled with Tim West); hire a great photographer (can't say enough good things about Vesic Photography). Don't: for our small group, we didn't need a DJ, and we didn't need a coordinator (Jami runs the site operations, and acted as our coordinator.)] With Chef Matthew and the incredible kitchen staff on site, not only did we not have to worry about a separate catering contract, but our guests were delighted by the delicious food! Hawkesdene just recently got a fancy new smoker, and we were the lucky party that got to experience their first ever pig roast. I HIGHLY recommend it - there may have been more pictures taken of that meal than of the wedding itself! If renting this venue is in your budget, don't hesitate for one second to reserve your date. This team of kind, thoughtful professionals will knock it out of the park every time.

Room Tip: Garden cottage was a great choice for the Honeymoon Suite!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine J

Reviewed 23 December 2015

We found Hawkesdene while we were looking for our wedding venue. After looking at Hawkesdene’s website, talking to one of the owners and reading all the amazing reviews, we put down a deposit sight unseen. When we were able to make a trip to visit Hawkesdene, we absolutely fell in love with the property, the accommodations and Rob and Phil are as good as it gets. This venue had everything we were looking for and more, it truly is all-inclusive. We wanted a destination wedding so we could be with our family and friends for more than one evening. Also, it was very important to us to have great food and truly a great atmosphere for our family and friends. Hawkesdene provided exactly everything we were looking for in a venue! The food at Hawkesdene is absolutely incredible, the on-site chef is extremely talented and our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was (and so are we). The service of the staff is impeccable! They are so friendly, professional, calm and were extremely accommodating all three nights of our stay. The accommodations are beautiful and very luxurious! The pictures online are great, however, when you see Hawkesdene in person, it is even more beautiful than the pictures (which is hard to believe)! Hawkesdene exceeded our expectations in every way as well as our guests. Two months has passed since the wedding weekend and our family and friends are still raving about the weekend from the accommodations, food, venue and the entire experience! We are so lucky we found this venue, we truly had our dream/perfect wedding weekend at Hawkesdene. We all loved our time there so much, we have already talked about going back for another long weekend to stay. Hawkesdene is 5 stars in every way, the venue and staff are top notch and a true class act!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2015

My daughter and son-in-law were married at the Hawkesdene this past weekend. My husband I had not seen the location until the wedding weekend, and I can say that the pictures did not do it justice. We rented the location for 3 nights, which was the best decision. The atmosphere, food and accommodations all exceeded my expectations. And, while the weather didn't cooperate when the wedding took place, the backdrop of the mountains with leaves falling was spectacular. Rob promised that the wedding would be magical, and he and his staff delivered. Absolutely, amazingly spectacular!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2015

The Hawksdene provided us with a glorious and memorable wedding. Accommodations are wonderful, setting is fantastic and food is unbelievable. Breakfast was very ample with unique dishes, Lunches consisted of two item, sandwiches and chips or salad and delicious home made bread. However it took to long to replenish empty dishes. All three dinners were exceptionally prepared with the best quality foods and we did add on extra dishes. Unfortunatly they have no warming dishes or means to keep the food warm.

We were over 125 people and the establishment cannot accommodate that many. If we had known we would have paid extra to have someone oversee the buffet tables at all events and especially the cocktail hour after the ceremony where the food ran out, even with the extras we ordered, before all the people were able to get something. Instead of replenishing they were told that a big dinner was going to be served shortly. Again, if I had known we would have paid extra to have two buffet stations and two bars set up to illiminate the long lines and to have someone there to oversee the food.

I would choose this place again in a heartbeat if these problems could be solved.

It was a wonderful destination weekend wedding and hope my critique is helpful.

Room Tip: depends on if you want to be in the main house or the surroundng cabins.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2015

One week ago, we held our wedding weekend at Hawkesdene. The experience was beyond my wildest expectations, and there is nothing I would change about the weekend. We had guests come and stay for three nights, and the hospitality, ambiance, food and support was phenomenal from start to finish If you are looking for a rustic chic experience, Hawkesdene is the place to go -- even without your own personal touches or wedding flair, the estate is stunning and manages to be natural yet upscale. More importantly, the staff and owners are beyond compare. On our site visit, the owners made us a tray of homemade chicken soup and chili with a bottle of wine. During our wedding weekend, each staff member was more courteous than the next, casually but professionally addressing our needs. The staff made everyone feel comfortable, relaxed and at home. The food was delicious at every meal, and the rates for group dining are beyond compare. We had BBQ at our rehearsal dinner, and it was both tasty and tasteful. We had a more formal dinner the wedding night, with salmon, shrimp and grits and steak -- all were delicious, and nobody left hungry! The breakfasts were probably my favorite, with great fresh berries and savory egg dishes every morning. Best of all, all of the guests had a fun and relaxed experience. The accommodations are incredibly comfortable, and the hiking, bonfires, game room, llamas and alpacas made for great entertainment all on-site. We had late nights, but early mornings thanks to great nights of sleep and excitement for time with friends and family in the great outdoors. We hiked several times, which was a great way to find a spiritual connection and grounding before our ceremony. I can't say enough about how fabulous our weekend was at Hawkesdene, and I'm in withdrawal from the experience already! I'm certain that we'll go back - for a weekend, a family reunion, a renewal of vows - any excuse to get back to a true gem in the mountains of North Carolina.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room on the estate!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Been to Hawkesdene? Share your experiences!