Hawkesdene
Quality Inn(Andrews)
US$93
QualityInn
Quality Inn & Suites(Robbinsville)(Great Value!)
US$81
QualityInn
US$399
  • Bar/Lounge
US$123
US$129
US$99
Days Inn by Wyndham Murphy(Murphy)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$133
US$128
HIExpress.com
US$127
AscendHotels
Lake Chatuge Lodge(Hiawassee)(Great Value!)
US$109
All reviewsdestination weddingthe main housefire pitextended weekendwedding coordinatorbeautiful kitchenzip liningamazing weekendnantahala national forestmountain topsolar eclipsehorseback ridinggorgeous venuethe cottagesdietary restrictionsstone fireplaceliving room
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Hawkesdene provided the most amazing weekend of our lives! My husband and I picked Hawkesdene for our wedding because it was a gorgeous venue in the North Carolina mountains that also provided the opportunity to have our family and friends together in an intimate setting for several days. It was the absolute best thing we could have decided on for our wedding, so much so, that we were sad to leave.

I cannot say enough great things about Rob, the owner, and Jami, the Manager. Both worked with us throughout the year leading up to the wedding to ensure that our vision for the "perfect wedding" came to fruition. Even when we ran into some hiccups with some outside vendors, Jami came to the rescue, and took care of everything. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she spent hours on the phone with me making sure she got every detail right and it paid off. Our wedding and reception looked as if they were straight off of Pinterest. It was breathtaking!

From the moment we arrived at Hawkesdene, Jami, Rob and the entire staff were so friendly and accommodating. Each staff member went out of their way to make you feel like Hawkesdene was your home while you were there. In addition to the hospitality, the accommodations and grounds were fantastic!

Another huge reason we picked Hawkesdene is because food quality is very important to us and they knocked it out of the park. All the meals are made from scratch, on-site, with local ingredients when possible and it was evident! Chef Caroline worked with us ahead of time to plan out the meals and every single meal she and her staff prepared was phenomenal! Guests were continually looking forward to the next meal, despite barely being done with the one they were eating :)

We truly cannot say enough great things about Hawkesdene and would do it all over again in a heartbeat! In fact, we are already planning a five-year reunion there ;-)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Where do you start scenery , location, employees , atmosphere and the FOOD. We went to a wedding at this location and it was not just a wedding it was a whole whirlwind of a weekend. Rafting Saturday afternoon at Nantahala then dinner at Hawkesdene. Sunday breakfast and lunch before the wedding, the wedding was beautiful on the grounds of Hawkesdene, went from the little mountain stream where the ceremony was performed right to the reception pavilion. Best part was they had a bon voyage breakfast where you could say good bye and congratulations to the bride and groom the next day. The staff , grounds, rooms and food were great.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I could write a book about how much my husband and I loved Hawkesdene. I spent months searching for the perfect wedding venue…yes, and I started before I was even engaged! I knew exactly what we wanted to create an unforgettable wedding weekend for our guests. We were in search of a venue that would be exclusively ours and would completely catered to us the entire weekend. When we stumbled upon Hawkesdene, we immediately knew we had found our diamond in the ruff. If I was not such a control freak, I would have totally booked this venue without doing a site visit. My fiancé and I did, however, do a site visit and booked immediately thereafter. We live in Chicago and always planned on getting married in Chicago or Michigan. Never would we have imagined we would get married in North Carolina!

Now that we are happily married and our weekend celebration at Hawkesdene has passed, we can wholeheartedly say we could have NEVER imagined getting married anywhere else. The entire weekend was absolutely perfect for us and each one of our guests. Hawkesdene provides a warm, cozy, comfortable, elegant and romantic environment which lends itself beautifully for hosting a celebratory gathering of your loved ones. Hawkesdene will feel like your home and you will not want to leave…trust me! Rob, Phil, Jami and the entire Hawksdene staff are extremely attentive and accommodating. We felt like they were part of our family! The food…yowza, it’s delicious! Every bit of it. We had a lot of foodie guests from Chicago, NYC and L.A. and all of them had rave reviews about the cuisine.

If you are looking for a special place to create a memorable, relaxing and fun weekend with your nearest and dearest, we HIGHLY recommend Hawkesdene. You will not be disappointed. All of our guests have said our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to. Hawkesdene really has it all!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Megan B
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Just returned from a trip for our cousin's wedding. A beautiful venue where you can do as much or as little as you'd like! Hiking, billiards, lots of outdoor and indoor space for fun. Shout out to staff member John, he was awesome to us! The food was always excellent and we felt truly taken care of. Even when we had to make a last minute change as rain came down minutes before their ceremony! The only thing that could make this place better is if they had a pool...

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2016

We were blessed to have been invited to Hawkesdene for a friend's wedding and we had a fabulous time! The whole property is absolutely stunning and the staff went above and beyond to be certain that the guests were enjoying their stay. We love to eat and the food was delicious, in fact I believe that I went up for seconds for every meal! We were able to walk to the beautiful waterfall and also to the pavillion that provides an incredible view.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends