“Hottest spot in town and well deserved”

Hoppy Trout Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Andrews
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Tom and Kristin have created a great spot in a gem of the tiny town of Andrews. A well organized and knowable staff were busy on each of my four visits. I sampled most of their ten brews and found the dancing molecule IPA especially well balanced and crisp. I ordered a pizza-only one size except for the gluten free crust one. Made up my own list of ingredients and the 14" was enough for dinner and lunch the next day. The pizza was above average and I think they could and will make even better ones in the future. Another visit I had a classic brot. Kristen was making homemade rolls for the next day so I didn't get to sample them. Very competent kitchen and staff. Excellent "vibes" in the place and caters to all sorts. A must try if you are in town or even close.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Went here for the pizza and as usual it did not disappoint. Service was fast and friendly. I have been here before and will certainly go back for more.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a beer bit we found ourselves ordering the fresh jalapeno poppers (delicious) and their supreme pizza. The crust was perfect and the toppings very fresh. We sat at the bar and Spencer who served us was very friendly. Definitely a must when in the area, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Bad idea to start a diet before vacation, but this family adopted us as their own and they were so accommodating! First visit we shared a braut (no bun) and a couple rye IPAs to die for! We couldn't forget that taste. A couple days later, we came back for the rye, x2 for me, and my wife drained her rye before trying an awesome white wine. Our waitress is the SIL of the owner and Master Brewmeister -- so friendly and engaging, with so many stories of how they started, the reason for their decor (wallpaper-size 1930's photos of Andrews), and how they've developed each beer recipe. Priceless.

Folks, this place is great after a day on the Nantahala River. We can't have the carbs at this point, but that pizza smelled incredible and other couples we met said it tastes sooo good. If you haven't stopped in Andrews, you need to do so. It's 911 Main St. and an "emergency" stop to make.

Across the street is Dean's eclectic vinyl shop where you can find classics and way-cool folk and contemporary art too.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on the 4th of July for dinner before fireworks. Very good food and terrific home brew. Keep up the great work!!!! Highly recommend to anyone traveling through Andrews.