“Perfect!”

Dining options: Reservations
Bergamo, Italy
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have been at Baklavaci Hacibaba with my Turkish business partner today for a late lunch or early dinner. Parking was large and easy. It's a large multi-storey restaurant, with a Baklava salonu on the ground floor, a traditional Kebab restaurant on the first floor, plus ballrooms and other places I did not visit. We opted for kebab. The decor is impressive, it's a mix of tradition and modernity. The tables are large, the floor is increadibly shiny, very clean, perfect and formal service, very fast as one expects in Turkey. We both had a few appetizers like iç köfte, lahmajun, soup, mixed kebab with Turkish pide, Ayran, tea of course. I liked all the kebabs very much, but the stuffed eggplant was to die for. The food was delicious and very honestly priced. It has been one of my best experiences in Turkey and I have been travelling there for almost two decades. After the meal we went to through an eye on the Baklava salonu at the ground floor, it's pure temptation, but we did not eat any as the food we had before was probably enough for a party of 4 and we were only two! The place has been there since 1949 and their business longevity is more than deserved.

• Visited January 2014