The Marmara, Bodrum(Bodrum City)
US$351
US$340
Hotel Gulec(Bodrum City)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$42
Su Hotel(Bodrum City)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$93
Angora Hotel(Bodrum City)
US$50
US$49
Hotel Istankoy Bodrum(Bodrum City)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
Ersan Exclusive Resort & SPA(Bodrum City)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Artunc Hotel Bodrum(Bodrum City)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
El Vino Hotel & Suites(Bodrum City)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$108
Priceline
Ha La Bodrum(Bodrum City)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$100
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Comca Manzara(Bodrum City)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
  • Pool
All reviewstorba beachpool areapool bedssteep walkboutique hotelprivate beachamazing hotelbar stafftown centrespataximusicbodrumcastlemarina
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Good location in that it has amazing views up in the mountain but is close to town and beaches.

Boutique suite is very nice and spatious. 2 balconies to enjoy sea breeze. TV could have more options in English considering that most people there were British or American.

Very poor WiFi so we had to buy an international calling/data plan to be able to communicate with others.

Spa was very nice.

Breakfast buffet is adequate but I would expect better at a 5-star resort.

Staff is helpful but again could be better if they want to be a true 5-star resort.

Conclusion: nice but I'd probably recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael M
Grand Yazici Ma... M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Yazici Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your open and very friendly comments with us and other travelers.

Your comments have been shared with the related departments and be rest assured we are using this feedback as a training tool; only with your feedback we are able to improve our services.

Thank you again for being our guest and for taking the time to write your review.

Grand Yazici Bodrum Boutique hotel & spa

Reviewed 1 July 2015

I have just returned from a week's holiday here with my fiancé, my best friend and her boyfriend. I have stayed in a few 5* hotels across Europe but this isn't one of them. Granted, the hotel is in an excellent location (a taxi ride into Bodrum marina takes about 10 minutes and costs about £5/20TL) and has some good amenities - lovely swimming pools, great views of the castle and spacious rooms - but that's about it.

The first annoyance was discovering you had to pay extra for orange juice at breakfast - 15TL to be precise. What a joke! Buffet breakfasts are one of my favourite things about hotels and this was lacking in both choice and quality. We did mention this to the manager at checkout but he didn't really seem to think that charging for orange juice at breakfast was an issue. Secondly, the wifi was rubbish - I hardly had any connectivity in my room and it would constantly disconnect. Not that I want to spend all my holiday online but when you're trying to research the area, it can be really annoying. Thirdly, we had dirty cups and glasses left outside our room in the corridor for about 3-4 days. Nice. And last, but by no means the least of these gripes, were the lack of comfortable beds around the main pool, which meant getting up early and trying to reserve one (which we never managed and which I hated trying to do). We resigned ourselves to the other smaller pool around the the back which was more likely to have free beds, but this meant we got no service from the staff and had to get up and go to the bar to order food or drinks.

All these little niggles sound like 'first world problems' but I agree with a lot of the other reviews: when you're paying that much, you do expect a certain standard, which the Grand Yazici just didn't meet.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Deb01984

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience, which have been transmitted to our Team members.

Your comments have been shared with the related departments.

We sincerely hope to welcome you here very soon again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2015

The Grand Yaziji Spa in Bodrum is quite beautiful, but I wouldn’t recommend it. In the interest of full disclosure, I paid for my stay at this hotel with credit card bonus points, so it feels like I stayed there for free, if you know what I mean.

Nevertheless…

The grounds of this hillside hotel are gorgeous. The lines of the impressive infinity pool lead your eyes out over the precipice of the property and down to the old town of Bodrum below. Sunsets from the pool area, restaurant, and bar are priceless.

Our room had a view of a parking lot, but we did appreciate having a little balcony anyway. If your vacation priorities include sunbathing, swimming, and spa treatments then you may well want to consider this hotel (which, by the way, has a shuttle that bops between the hotel and its coastal beach club that we did not use). If not, read on.

Service: Communication is very important to me and good communication is a sign of a good hotel. So, when I sent an email to the concierge about a week before travel to inquire about tours and that email went unanswered, I was a bit discouraged. Luckily, my tour plans went smoothly, but I resent not being treated as a customer until showing up in person at the front desk. Speaking of communication, the free hotel wifi is censored. My Internet searches into LGBT nightlife for both Bodrum and the nearby Greek island of Kos were met with roadblocks. I understand that Turkey has ongoing issues with both online freedom and LGBT matters, but I would expect a hotel that caters to an international clientele to be more cosmopolitan. The Internet nanny was discomfiting to say the least.

The breakfast buffet is quite good, but dinner is to be avoided. I say this because the hotel has a breakfast inclusion option and a full board option. I would opt for the first one only because service in the dinner restaurant is pretty deplorable. More than once we had to wait upwards of thirty minutes to receive menus or have someone take our drink order. I got in the habit of just getting up to retrieve the menus myself. Food took a pretty long time to arrive and often the waiters would just disappear. On one occasion, we were the only diners left in the restaurant and finding no one to give us our check we just upped and walked out. What else could we do? In all seriousness, we could have taken a taxi into town, eaten dinner, taken a taxi back to the hotel, and still be done in less time than would be required to eat at the hotel’s restaurant. We joked about this, but really it was not funny, especially since the hotel food was just OK, certainly nothing to linger over. How to explain this poor dinner service? All I can say is that we noticed that much of the breakfast and lunch staff was also working the dinner shift. Surely, these hardworking men and women must have been exhausted come evening.

Location: The hotel is on a hill. A walk into old town Bodrum is an unpleasant 25-30 minute walk. The lack of reliable sidewalks makes the trip a bit dangerous. Taxis are quick and plentiful though. But here’s the thing, in the end we found ourselves venturing out more than staying in to enjoy the hotel pool or other services. (By the way, early birds, be aware that the fitness center opens late, so you may have to choose between an early morning workout or breakfast!) Our activities included a daytrip to Ephesus, a half-day cruise, a half-day cooking class and an excursion to the island of Kos. After these adventures, we just wanted to be embraced by the hotel and its amenities, but the hotel was unable to deliver come nighttime; hence my critical focus on dinner above. For me, the hotel’s failure to deliver on dinner at both the level of service and cuisine signals its overreliance on its physical assets, that is its pool and panoramic prospect. I can’t testify to the truth of this, but I was told by a local that this hotel is only open during the vacation season. This means that if you stay early in the season—we were there in June—you may suffer from an inexperienced staff. Again, I can’t speak to the truth of this, but it may explain a few things.

I’m sorry for the long review, but this hotel is not cheap and anyone who considers it should know what may be in store.

Room Tip: You may need to request a room with a view unless you like looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank greypalmer

Dear Guest,

Your comments have been shared with the related departments.

We sincerely hope to welcome you here very soon again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We are currently (June2015) staying in the hotel and can confirm that it most definitely is NOT a 5star hotel.
The setting is beautiful and the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, but unfortunately that is where it ends.
From the first evening we have had to speak to the manager in the restaurant about the service at dinner and the fact that we were checked in incorrectly (b&b instead of full board)
Staff at dinner are unfriendly and always take your order down incorrectly
The same menu (plastic) for dinner and lunch every day - the Operation manager replied to this complaint by saying that there is at least nine different choices, but if you were to stay for more than nine days and don't want to eat chicken, boiled vegetables, chips or meatballs, what then?
Breakfast table is set with one fork and one knife, no spoon even though cereals are served
No towels in the changing rooms in the gym
Poor internet service in room
No water in room
Poor choice of TV channels, no movies/ entertainment channels in English
No tea/coffee facilities in room
Bills incorrect
Steam room in male area in the spa is never on
No complimentary water at dinner or lunch, only at breakfast
There was a row of tables set aside for the owners and wives with their children and they received full attention from all waiting staff, different food and all requests dealt with immediately. It is a shame that their paying guests/customers didn't receive the same level of service or attention.

It is such a shame as this hotel has an amazing view over Bodrum, the outside pools are beautiful and clean, but there is a severe lack of customer service. The owners and partners of this hotel group can definitely learn a lot from the F&B manager; Abdullah.

I am sorry to say that my expectations of a relaxing, luxury holiday here has left me very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marcel V

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinion on the services of our hotel .
Sorry to read that you did not appreciate your stay in our hotel .

Your comments have been forwarded to all the departments concerned and that since your stay we work to enhance the point you raise .

Grand Yazici Bodrum Boutique Hotel & SPA

Reviewed 29 June 2015

Just returned from 7 days here. Had low expectations as I am not easily annoyed when it comes to hotels, but I fel4 ripped off here.

There was no heated pool like as was advertised. It was the one thing I wanted out of our first holiday to Turkey, and we were left disappointed. I had dreamt of swimming in the evening as the sun was setting, but I couls barely dip my feet in any of the pools let alone get in. No suprise then; that the pools were always empty. I heard many people complain over their breakfast about how cold they were so its not just me. The indoor pool was freezing cold, therefore empty. Deserted in fact.

As for the drinks... extortionately priced, and cleverly kept on tab so you very quickly and easily lose track of how much you are spending. Not an issue if the drinks werent so expensive. Water could certainly have been a lot cheaper.

Lunches and dinners were chaoticly run, with waiters forgetting to bring out our desserts or drinks. This happened to us on several occassions. They would soon remember to get us to sign for our meal however, so not so easily forgotten then.
The spa treatment Icannot fault.Amazing atmosphere. The fabric of the hotel itself was beautiful. Lovely building, ambience, music, lighting all perfect.... but lets itself down majorly when it came to price and service.

I feel cheated and upset that they advertise a service which we did not receive, and on top of this we have a hefty bill for drinks which were ridiculously priced. When we arrived there were people complaining about their final bill, saying they were being conned, and the day we checked out a different couple were complaining that they were not happy with their final bill either.

The menu majorly needs updating too. The food itself was pleasant but there needed to be more variety. By the 5th day it got a bit samey.

Overall a beautiful hotel in a superb location but prices need to go down or service and value neeeeeeed to go up!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple