“Great place to stay”

Comfort Inn Near High Point University
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Archdale
Reviewed 21 May 2015

We went down for a graduation at High Point University and stayed at this hotel for 3 days. When we tried to check in early on Thursday afternoon, Julie at the front desk went out of her way to make sure we had a room on the ground floor (they do not have an elevator) which was great for us as seniors. The lobby was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Next renovation, I would recommendations putting in an elevator.

Room Tip: Accessible to the highway and many restaurants were nearby.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
AmyBrame, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near High Point University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kind words! I am pleased that Julie was able to accommodate your ground floor request. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you on your return trip to the High Point area.

Warmest regards,
Amy Brame - CHA

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

I would find another hotel if you have more than an electric razor with you. I had to carry all of my luggage, groceries, & electronics up a huge flight of stairs. I wouldn't be here if I weren't forced to by my employer.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
AmyBrame, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near High Point University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

I would like to take a moment to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced because of our hotel not having an elevator. Fortunately, our hotel is only 2 stories, so it's not an issue for a lot of our guests, if staying only one night! We do our best to accommodate our guests and give them the option of the first floor, if available, but unfortunately the room type you requested was only available on the 2nd floor. I will definitely notify your company that this was an issue for you and that you would rather stay at another location, if given the option.

Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

This is one of the nicer Comfort Inns we've stayed in. It's clean and it was quiet enough to sleep during the day on a Saturday. The woman at the front desk is very nice and tries her best to accommodate every request. We work at night and she was nice enough to let us check in right away. We will definitely stay here the next time we're in town. Thanks again for taking good care of us.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
AmyBrame, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near High Point University, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2015

Jennifer, I would like to take a moment to say "Thank you", for your pleasant review. I am pleased that our front desk staff was able to accommodate your needs. We truly appreciate the time that you took to give such a positive review of our property. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2015

This is one of the nicer Comfort Inn's I've stayed and it's obvious the owners have recently invested in this property. I've stayed here before but don't remember the electric doors so they may be new too but as enter through them, the lobby, chandelier and breakfast area give you the feel of a 5 star hotel. The employee at the front desk was both professional and courteous. She asked me if I had a preference of floor along with directing me in the right direction for a late dinner. The hallways to the rooms have new carpet that gives the Las Vegas feel. My room had a new bed, bedding, pillows and a nice picture on the flat screen. The fitness center had the 3 pieces of equipment that I'd put in my house if I had the room. I can't forget the free high speed internet and solid breakfast in the morning. Compliments to the owner and staff!!!

Room Tip: Management has blocked off one corner on the second floor for smokers. If smoke bothers you, like i...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
AmyBrame, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near High Point University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words! I have shared your review with our staff and on our Facebook page...(I didn't use your name for privacy reasons---but I wanted to share your amazing review) :) It is always a pleasure reading positive guest reviews, such as the one you wrote. Thank you again for the positive words and encouragement! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Stayed here two nights - once going to Georgia and then again on the way home. Very easy to find, close to gas stations, and easy access to I85. Room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Within walking distance to Waffle House, McDonald's, and convenience store. Used the fitness room which had treadmill, elliptical, and strength/resistance machine. Breakfast was served in lobby area with nice selection. Surprised by the scrambled eggs and sausage patties -quite good and hot. Staff was friendly and helpful. Selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and were pleased with price, service, and condition of the building.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the building are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
AmyBrame, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near High Point University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2014

Thank you for your kind words and positive review. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again. :)

Warmest regards and safe travels - Amy Brame

Also consider these accommodations in or near Archdale
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem), NC
Courtyard High Point
#4 of 14 in High Point
32.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem

Been to Comfort Inn Near High Point University? Share your experiences!