US$76
US$119
Hampton.com
US$60
  • Fitness centre
Motel 6 High Point(High Point)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Atrium Inn(High Point)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$77
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront desk staff were friendlyhot breakfastfirst floorbed was comfortableclean roomsan overnight staynice hotelinterstatekendallnc
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Be careful when you book this hotel. They change their cancellation policy for furniture week to 30 days cancellation and won't work with you. They would rather lose a customer to get the money (which is three times higher than normal amount due to furniture week) then to work with you to cancel a reservation. This hotel is very old and not great to begin with, but livable if they had good service. Unfortunately they value money more than customers.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue C
AmyBrame, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near High Point University, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.

You are correct, we do change our cancellation policy to 30 days in advance, during the week of the furniture market. Guests are informed of this policy upon booking their reservation. So therefore, the guest is aware that the room must be cancelled within 30 days, to avoid a charge.

In regards to the pricing, yes, we do increase our rates during special events. The guests are notified of the rate upon booking. So therefore, if the guest is not satisfied with the rate, they are not obligated to book with our hotel.

Our property was built in 1998, although we did complete a major renovation in 2013.

We appreciate you letting us know that our service is good.

Your feedback is important to us.

Thank you!

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

It's been a long time since I've stayed with Comfort Inn but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel was clean, quiet (even on the first floor) and very convenient for our stay for a dance competition in High Point. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was well equipped and the beds very comfortable! I would stay here again!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
AmyBrame, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near High Point University, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for your review and kind words. We are pleased that you had a plesant stay. We hope to see you again, when you are back in the High Point / Archdale, N.C. area.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

I have been staying at this Motel for about the past 5 years traveling for business, the rooms have always been clean and the staff has always been friendly and happy to help. The motel is in an excellent location and a very quiet area of town. All of the Staff from the front desk to the housekeeping staff are super friendly and always very helpful. I strongly recommend this Motel for your stay if you are traveling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet, recommend lower floors
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2016

It's a bit difficult to write a review when I was unable to complete the stay.

My husband and I checked in at 3PM and relaxed before dinner. After we got back from dinner and a round of mini golf we settled back into bed and watched TV. I saw an ant crawling on the nightstand to the left of the bed and didn't think much of it until my husband said one was crawling on his phone. Then I felt one crawling on my arm, saw it, and found a few more under the sheets. I found this to be interesting since there were NO PROBLEMS until the evening. Up to that point I was satisfied with the stay. My husband went to the front desk to ask for a new room and we were transferred to a room directly across the hall. I was standing in front of the sink to place some items on the counter when my spouse turned on the light and two large roach-looking bugs ran from the top of the ceiling down the corner of the wall against the door frame. I was speechless and saw this in the mirror's reflection and turned to see one go under the door to the hallway and the other ran under the sink. It was at that point my husband and I both decided to leave.

Front desk staff were friendly and attempted to resolve issues with our room but were unsuccessful. I was hoping to receive assistance in locating another property but none was provided. After making several phone calls to other hotels in the area (this was Memorial Day weekend) I was unable to find a hotel and we drove back home.

The next business day I received an email from the hotel manager regarding the decision to refund the hotel, which I somewhat agree with. However I feel like I was unable to explain the entire situation and did not speak with the manager directly. (My husband did call Choice Hotels directly to explain to customer care about our stay a day earlier.) My intention was to let the manager know there were no problems with the stay until later in the evening because the bugs/insects appeared to be nocturnal.

If I am in the area again I will call the hotel directly; I consider myself to be loyal to Choice Hotels!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

The room was clean and smelled so fresh, great customer service will stay again if I am in the area. The area is near everything. Thr room have microwave and mini refrigerator. Free breakfast is a bonus.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family