“One of my favorites restaurant.”

Pioneer Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Archdale
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Fresh salad bar and prime rib. Great value and also excellent service. One of my favorites restaurant.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

The place was packed so I of course had to see for myself. I went in and the place was like a time machine and brought me back to 1980, very dated decor but the staff was super friendly. There was a huge buffet that had everything in it but I chose to get a NY strip and it was delicious. The salad bar was kept stocked and clean and all the family's dining all seemed to enjoy it there. Reminded me a lot of the small town I grew up in Indiana.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We had not been here for about a year or more, so we decided another trip was in order. This restaurant is clean, well staffed and has many hot and cold food bars. The theme seems to be country cooking and they provide lots of options. There was one large hot food bar with just vegetables and sides. From the meat station, I enjoyed the fried chicken, the beef patties in gravy, and the freshly carved roast beef. The sweet tea was delicious. My husband was pleased with the beef patties in gravy, freshly carved ham, mashed potatoes and corn. We both enjoyed the yeast rolls and the warm cherry cobbler. The lady who was our server was very attentive. This would be a great place to take a group, since everyone can get what they want. We were pleased with our trip to get some country style cooking.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Pioneer Family Restaurant was recommended to us for its buffet, but we were disappointed and found it to only be average in number of selections and quality. It was obviously popular with locals and was at full capacity. The carving station had good prime rib and turkey and the sweet potato casserole was very good but other choices were just bland country cooking. Patrons have the option of ordering off the menu. The restaurant is convenient for travelers staying in the nearby motels, and they do offer a senior discount.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I have always enjoyed their steaks, tender and good size for the price. beats Ruby's hands down. their buffet bar is always hot and tasty. large salad bar and desert bar.