US$177
US$161
Courtyard
US$160
QualityInn
Red Roof Inn Akron South(Akron)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$205
US$199
US$152
US$130
Quality Inn Akron-Fairlawn(Akron)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$102
Agoda.com
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewshot waterclean roomsbreakfast optionslobbyhighway
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

This place was exactly what I would expect for the Marriott name. No hassles, no problems and no issues.
Lots of restaurants around there and several other hotels but I was glad we picked the Courtyard by Marriott.
Also lots of shopping areas around there too.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I can report a good experience from my recent stay at this Marriott. My daughter and I stayed one night and had a King Suite room. The room was clean and layed out well with plenty of room for both of us. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean with a great shower. We were in a hurry in the morning so we actually stopped downstairs and had a quick breakfast at the Bistro. I had a bowl of oatmeal and it was very nice for less than four dollars. It is a good size bowl of rolled oats (not instant). You may want to request some hot water (I did) to loosen it up a bit. Nothing I haven't done at home when it has sat on the stove waiting for me to eat it. They also give you a very generous amount of dried fruit, nuts, milk and brown sugar. I would complain about no complimentary coffee (except the packets in the room) but our room was $99 so really a good value, For that price I can buy a cup of coffee. The staff were also very nice and helpful. The only negative I can say is there was a distinct odor near the elevator area on all levels. I don't know if this is specific to the elevator or something to do with carpeting and the amount of traffic it gets. Maybe management should check this out. Never the less I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The King Suite was very nice and roomy for two people.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2015

Very nice place overall, but the selling point is actually Kelly who works in the Bistro Monday - Thursday evenings. She is AWESOME. Besides being a joy to talk to while you are having a drink or a meal, she went way above and beyond for me. She made me chicken soup and brought it up to my room when I was sick. It is awful to be in a hotel when you do not feel well, but Kelly made me feel at home. THANKS KELLY. I have learned that I am not the only one who feels this way about Kelly. I have spoke to many others who also choose this hotel mainly to visit with Kelly. I, and others, have even chosen to go have a drink and meal at Kelly's Bistro even if we can not get a reservation at the hotel. By the way, Kelly is also an AWESOME cook.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank C4kid
Reviewed 8 April 2015

there aren't any heaters in this pool, and the Jacuzzi/whirlpool is always too hot from having super hot water put in it to fill it....the pool is filled with cold water(I was told this by an employee)! The bistro service is lacking as well as a skilled bartender, and prices for an egg or two is $7.00 unbelievable!! I read the review where the "manager" was taking care of the problem of a stained rug in front of a room door...SOME manager don't you do walk arounds to see things like this instead of having guests inform you!!??? All the quality employee's have left this hotel mainly DaNitra from the front desk who ran the place!!! such a disappointment!!! I won't be staying at this tired property again!!!! Even a free nights stay wouldn't get me to do that!!!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Akron Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Dear Ricardo M,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I do apologize that your visit was less than satisfactory. We do in fact have a heated pool, so I'm not sure why anyone would have told you differently. Also, guest reviews are vital to us being able to provide exceptional service, as even though I wish I could be everywhere at once, I'm unable to be. By listening to what our guests are saying, we can ensure that we are correcting any areas that need attention. We do hope that you will reconsider and allow the Courtyard Akron Montrose another chance to earn your business.

Jawn D.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

We stopped at this hotel while driving cross country. What a pleasant surprise! The rooms are clean, modern and tastefully decorated. Beds were super comfortable. Staff were quite friendly and helpful. Very happy we chose this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family