“Best Steakhouse in Akron”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 553 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Food is great. Service is impeccable. While it is one the expensive side, there are many great deals available here. There is a nice little bar where you can grab a few drinks and some apps order of the main menu. By far my favorite place to eat in town. They rarely make you wait, even without a reservation. Huge elegant dining room. I come here once a month.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My friend and I went in to Hyde Park on a Saturday evening. We were surprised to get a table without a reservation. The restaurant was busy and very nice. We started our meal with salads, she had a "Hyde Park Wedge" and I a "chopped salad". Both were fresh and delicious, crunchy and just the right cold temperature. The waitress brought a nice basket of warm breads and soft butter, all were good especially the pretzel bread! Presentation was wonderful. I ordered a 16 oz rib eye steak, and my friend had a 7 oz filet. We both opted out on a side as it was later in the evening and we just weren't that hungry. The steaks came out BEAUTIFUL!! So flavorful, so done to perfection...we just ate and stared at each other in ecstasy!! The food was so good, the wait staff very professional and attentive. The meal was worth the price! We were both very impressed and satisfied and will return again soon. Very EXCELLENT!!

Reviewed 5 February 2017

My fiancee brought me here for my birthday and the meal was outstanding! Atmosphere is cozy and even on a Saturday night, the noise level is comfortable for quiet conversation. Bread baskets are usually an afterthought, but the warm pretzel bread, rolls and crispy seasoned flatbread crackers were very good. I had the New Zealand lamb chops, which were meaty, tender and cooked perfectly. My fiance had the filet which was also done to perfection. Yes, accompaniments like baked potato, veggies are a la carte, but not a big deal. A very comprehensive wine list, including selections not normally seen, and delicious cocktails are a plus. A complimentary flourless chocolate cake which was dense, moist and terrific completed the meal. Service was attentive, not overbearing and very friendly.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere and intimate setting. The menu has seafood and steakhouse fare with delicious appetizers and salads. The lobster bisque is phenomenal. The grouper and the chilean sea bass melt in your mouth. Steaks come out well seasoned and buttered. The bread basket is very different, offering a variety of breads from pretzel sticks to cibatta and honey wheat. It's a favorite among friends and colleagues.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Really nice place with the best steak I had in Akron / Fairlawn area. Excellent staff as well which gives you a wonderful experience.