“Very Nice Restaurant and Fun Atmosphere”
Review of Crave

Crave
Ranked #7 of 553 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High St.
Transit: Because of our location in the heart of downtown Akron, numerous public transit stops create convenient access .
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

When we visit Akron, we tend to visit Crave for dinner if we have time. It’s a very nice place that has a cool/fun atmosphere. The drink selection is wide and the food is very eclectic. They add a Crave-style slant to their entrees and everything is good except the vegan chocolate ice cream IMHO.

I usually get the Smashed on Bourbon drink to start and then their Chicken and Waffles. Now if you’re familiar with the Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles from Los Angeles or Long Beach, this is not that type of chicken and waffles. This is also not that type of restaurant. This is a well made Belgium waffle, nice piece of chicken breast, hot salsa, vanilla syrup (I think) and bourbon butter (I think). I had it 2 times this past week and added a Caesar Salad to top it off.

Now this is just my opinion but the vegan chocolate ice cream was not good. It didn’t taste like chocolate at all. I was a little disappointed when I told the waitress it wasn’t good and she didn’t say anything but just left the bill. I would have expected at least a chance to exchange it out or something. That was the only bad food item and bad part of the our experience. Now that I think of it, that waitress lost the possible 5 dot rating for the restaurant because customer service is just as important as the food quality.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I have been here a few times and I really like the food. The service is average but the food really makes it worth it. I often get the alligator tail and salmon. Very good dishes.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Cozy atmosphere, unique menu. We’ve been there several times and the food and service has always been top notch.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Very cool place. Food is well balanced and fresh. Prices are fair for what you are getting but this place is not cheap. Great for business dinners.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My family and I were looking for something close to EJ Thomas for an event we had to attend and chose this place off Trip Advisor reviews. Spot on!!!

1. Clean
2. Unique ambience
3. Friendly staff
4. Seated quickly
5. Food was out of this world, (Chicken and Waffles)
6. Price was right for the quality and amount of food.

Definitely will return! Enjoy