“Best Traditional Mexican food I've had in 20 yrs.”

Azteca Real Mexican Family Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 159 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I had the number 10 combination here. It was excellent. My dad and I had just beat the after work bunch(5 o'clock somewhere crew), here for a late lunch, fresh hot food, something we rarely get in our current home town of fremont, CA. The last time I had Traditional Mexican food this good was over 20 yrs ago, at Tampico Kitchen in Santa Cruz, CA. before the October 17, 1989 Earthquake. The only little hiccup was the mix up on my dad's order, he got chicken instead of beef, but he said it was good anyway. This is a good place to even if its your first time in Albany, OR.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The Azteca Real is your run of the mill American Mexican restaurant. The menu is pretty standard, but they have some happy hour food and beverage specials. It is rumored that they make their own tortillas, but none ever arrived and when we asked about them the waitress said they were out (she didn't offer to adjust the bill). All said and done, it was food that we could eat. Both checks at the table were wrong, but the waitress updated it when we pointed out the mistakes. Just make sure they're charging you for food you actually got and discounting the specials.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We love this place. The staff is always so friendly and the food is great. We are very picky about Mexican food and Azteca Real always delivers. Their menu is extensive. We love the decor also. Have not tried the cocktails, so cannot speak to those, but I have seen some that looked amazing. Portions are large. They make their tortillas from scratch and I love the corn tortillas in particular.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Our first visit to this restaurant since it moved from Jefferson and we were not disappointed. It is a beautiful restaurant with decorated tables, chairs, wall hangings, etc. brought from Mexico. Our service was terrific as was the food and, of course, the salsa. We have not found a better restaurant in the area and, even though this one is now a longer drive, the food is definitely worth it. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Great dinner! Got take-out chimichanga, beans and rice. The best Mexican food I have had in years. Would definitely go back - wish there were closer to me.