“Not as great as I was hoping”
Review of Waterstone Spa

Waterstone Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Waterstone Spa at Ashland Springs Hotel was created with the idea of becoming Southern Oregon’s premier wellness destination. Located next door to the hotel, the spa serves our guests and locals alike as a downtown oasis.Our team of experienced therapists and technicians use natural products that are biodynamically farmed, organic and many a time, local. Just as hotel’s restaurant Larks celebrates food fresh from the farms, the spa utilizes products with ingredients inspired and energized by nature. The same popular herbs showcased in our hotel, and infused into Larks dishes now bring their healing and medicinal properties and benefits to the spa products. Our full service spa offers a variety of treatments to best suit your needs. Our menus include a variety of rejuvenating massages, facials, Ayurvedic treatments, body wraps, soaks and more. Spa’s comfortable surroundings include Duet Suite, Japanese Ofuro soaking tub, steam and sauna, Vichy Shower, and other. Product lines include: Ilike Skincare, Jurlique, Applegate Botanicals, Buddha Blends.
Reviewed 16 August 2015

I booked my appointment online and had a number of issues. I thought I booked the Warm Stone massage because the description on their pamphlet lists "Deep Relief Warm Stone" massage, and it wasn't until I was in the room with the masseuse I was informed I booked the Deep Relief massage. I guess the "Deep Relief Warm Stone" massage are two different services, and the Warm Stone massage isn't even listed as a booking or service option online.

Additionally, there are two locations but this is not listed on their website either, and when you book a service it doesn't give you the option of choosing a location - the website just chooses it for you.

I also wanted to book the 30-minute Express facial, but this is also not listed online. The receptionist said it's because they were booked for the day, but I heard from Mary Low, the spa director, she said not all services are listed online because it requires knowledge of the staff and service.

Overall, I was really disappointed. I was really looking forward to a warm stone massage, as it would have been my first, and am not a fan of deep relief. Since I was already in the massage room when I found out, I felt like I was stuck with the deep relief massage. I also told the masseuse that I wanted her to concentrate on my upper back and neck because I had slept wrong on my neck the week before and it was the main reason for my visit, but she only spent a few minutes on my neck.

Mary emailed me and offered a complimentary 30 minute express facial, but I was only in Ashland for 1 night/2 days.

As far as the spa itself, I do think they should offer something other than cucumber and lemon water, such as tea or wine. The waiting area has wicker chairs, which aren't that comfortable. I wished I had gone to the other spas in the area, but chose Waterstone because it was next to my hotel.

NeumanHotelGroup_Rep, Manager at Waterstone Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are currently in the process of redesigning our website since adding a second spa location. We are sorry that the functionality of our website did not allow you to book the treatment you wanted at the location you desired.

The massage therapist who performed your deep relief massage has a local following of guests who continually request her, but in this case it sounds like we missed the mark.

In colder months we do offer hot tea in addition to the cucumber water, and outside our steam room we offer sliced oranges as well.

In the event that you will be returning to this area, please contact me directly as I would be happy to personally oversee your appointments. You are welcome to redeem your complimentary 30-minute facial at any time in the future. Please see a private message from me with my contact information.

Mary Low

"steam sauna"
in 3 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 June 2015

I have visited this spa many times and I have NEVER been disappointed. The steam room is wonderful, the staff is kind and they have some of the best therapists in town! For a massage, I won't go anywhere else.

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

Great experience at Waterstone Spa, from the steam and sauna to the great massage that left me totally refreshed. It was a perfect birthday gift. I could tell from speaking with Deb the spa manager that she truly cares about the client. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 12 April 2015

My girlfriend and I shared a blissful afternoon at Waterstone Spa yesterday. I am a local and have been there before, and I just wanted to share that Waterstone is my favorite spa in Ashland!

Their products are of the highest quality and their services are top-notch. I had the April Monthly Special that began with a steam (yes, the steam is loud for a minute or two as it is pumped-in the room, doesn't happen more than once a steam session~the flip side is the charm of the older, historical building the spa is in), off to a long soak in the clawfoot tub with my bath-salts of choice, then into a full-body massage. Leslie is my favorite masseuse and she did an AMAZING job focusing on very tight shoulders, which were substantially improved after the visit! Then off to the Vichy room for a full body scrub and Vichy shower to end the session.

My skin glowed the rest of the evening and I was very relaxed and centered after my time at Waterstone. I highly recommend this spa and Leslie as a Massage therapist. You will be happy you treated yourself!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 November 2014

The Waterstone is located in a charming old building. I felt transported to the 20's. The staff is so friendly and helpful. My husband booked our package as threw the Ashland Springs Hotel.
I cant wait to go back!!
We started with the 30 min soak in the tub then 30 min foot massages topped off with a 90 minute couples massage. I was in heaven! They offered the steam room, however I was mush and would have melted down the drain!
We were never rushed! I have had other spa treatment around Oregon and this was the best yet!
I did not notice any noise issues. Staff super helpful. Clean and great value. Neat property. Cant wait to go back!!! Did I say that already? I WILL BE BACK!!!