“Wonderful spa in downtown Ashland. Every staff member shines!”
Review of Waterstone Spa

Waterstone Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Waterstone Spa at Ashland Springs Hotel was created with the idea of becoming Southern Oregon’s premier wellness destination. Located next door to the hotel, the spa serves our guests and locals alike as a downtown oasis.Our team of experienced therapists and technicians use natural products that are biodynamically farmed, organic and many a time, local. Just as hotel’s restaurant Larks celebrates food fresh from the farms, the spa utilizes products with ingredients inspired and energized by nature. The same popular herbs showcased in our hotel, and infused into Larks dishes now bring their healing and medicinal properties and benefits to the spa products. Our full service spa offers a variety of treatments to best suit your needs. Our menus include a variety of rejuvenating massages, facials, Ayurvedic treatments, body wraps, soaks and more. Spa’s comfortable surroundings include Duet Suite, Japanese Ofuro soaking tub, steam and sauna, Vichy Shower, and other. Product lines include: Ilike Skincare, Jurlique, Applegate Botanicals, Buddha Blends.
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I have enjoyed a number of massage treatments in many incredible spas that are located within world class resorts, but my treatment from Nadja Clarke, at Waterstone Spa, was the best ever. Perfect pressure, terrific flexibility routines in a great building in the heart of Ashland. Thanks!

All reviews
"robes"
"duet"
"hiking"

Reviewed 16 December 2015

I recently treated my staff to an afternoon at the most fantastic Spa in Ashland. We were pampered and well taken care of. What a BEAUTIFUL place. I had the best facial and massage ever! A big shout out to Jody, Steven, Leslie, Elizabeth and the entire staff at Waterstone Spa. Gigi LaRossa - Concierge at the Ashland Springs Hotel, turned us on to this amazing place. Oh...and did I mention that I own a spa. A girl just needs some me time once in awhile.

NeumanHotelGroup_Rep, Manager at Waterstone Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Dear Marla,
Thank you for taking the time to review us, as a spa owner yourself you understand how much it means to our team. We are delighted we could provide an enjoyable getaway for you and your staff! We look forward to your return.
Kind Regards,
Mary Low
Spa Director

Reviewed 16 August 2015

I booked my appointment online and had a number of issues. I thought I booked the Warm Stone massage because the description on their pamphlet lists "Deep Relief Warm Stone" massage, and it wasn't until I was in the room with the masseuse I was informed I booked the Deep Relief massage. I guess the "Deep Relief Warm Stone" massage are two different services, and the Warm Stone massage isn't even listed as a booking or service option online.

Additionally, there are two locations but this is not listed on their website either, and when you book a service it doesn't give you the option of choosing a location - the website just chooses it for you.

I also wanted to book the 30-minute Express facial, but this is also not listed online. The receptionist said it's because they were booked for the day, but I heard from Mary Low, the spa director, she said not all services are listed online because it requires knowledge of the staff and service.

Overall, I was really disappointed. I was really looking forward to a warm stone massage, as it would have been my first, and am not a fan of deep relief. Since I was already in the massage room when I found out, I felt like I was stuck with the deep relief massage. I also told the masseuse that I wanted her to concentrate on my upper back and neck because I had slept wrong on my neck the week before and it was the main reason for my visit, but she only spent a few minutes on my neck.

Mary emailed me and offered a complimentary 30 minute express facial, but I was only in Ashland for 1 night/2 days.

As far as the spa itself, I do think they should offer something other than cucumber and lemon water, such as tea or wine. The waiting area has wicker chairs, which aren't that comfortable. I wished I had gone to the other spas in the area, but chose Waterstone because it was next to my hotel.

NeumanHotelGroup_Rep, Manager at Waterstone Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are currently in the process of redesigning our website since adding a second spa location. We are sorry that the functionality of our website did not allow you to book the treatment you wanted at the location you desired.

The massage therapist who performed your deep relief massage has a local following of guests who continually request her, but in this case it sounds like we missed the mark.

In colder months we do offer hot tea in addition to the cucumber water, and outside our steam room we offer sliced oranges as well.

In the event that you will be returning to this area, please contact me directly as I would be happy to personally oversee your appointments. You are welcome to redeem your complimentary 30-minute facial at any time in the future. Please see a private message from me with my contact information.

Mary Low
Spa Director

Reviewed 3 June 2015

I have visited this spa many times and I have NEVER been disappointed. The steam room is wonderful, the staff is kind and they have some of the best therapists in town! For a massage, I won't go anywhere else.