“Bye Bye Black Sheep!”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: The Rogue Valley’s own British Public House brimming with eclectic fayre, libation, patrons and conversation.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The Black Sheep has been a tradition for us--along with many others. It will be closing at the end of July, I believe. Good, solid Brit fare.

Clarinda M, Owner at The Black Sheep Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Nope. We are still alive, though under different management. Come by and see us!

- Clarinda Merripen
"Alewife-in-Training" & New Owner

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I went to this pub and had a fantastic time. Our server was so funny and we really enjoyed our time there. And a definite plus was that the bartenders/servers actually knew how to correctly pour a Guinness!!! The food was also extremely good and the fries were incredible. Their drink menu is so fun! I felt like I was back in London.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Fun atmosphere, British themed. Perfect for the downtown Ashland surroundings. Nice selection of beers and wines. Food was very good.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

As our wives were shopping, my friend and I stepped up to have a drink to celebrate a wake for the actor that had just died [stage death] in a great performance on the Oregon Shakespeare Festival Stage. The Black Sheep seemed like a perfectly British place to toast a noble death. Prompt service and friendly service was enjoyed at the bar.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We had a very good meal here before an evening play. My Brit wife appreciated the pub motif, and in fact had a ploughman's plate for dinner. The beer selection is ok, with a rotating craft brew featured selection, but not a large set of craft brews on tap.

Bottom Line: A solid choice for pub fare and burgers before a play but not a place for extended quiet conversation.