“Nice Pub with Character, Great Food & Service”

The Black Sheep Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: The Rogue Valley’s own British Public House brimming with eclectic fayre, libation, patrons and conversation.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We went to the Black Sheep Pub after the Ashland Pride Parade and it was busy. In spite of that, we were seated quickly by the friendly new owner. The wait staff was also friendly and prompt to take our orders. I had the fish & chips which were wonderful! Really nice portion of fresh battered fish on top of deliciously made fries. I also enjoyed looking at all the interesting items on the walls. I love the atmosphere & décor here along with the people who work here. We will make The Black Sheep Pub a regular stop when visiting Ashland.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I had the Fish & Chips, it was the best I've had in a long time, good portion size. Fries were great and cooked in Coconut oil. They also have some Gluten Free items. And the Bread pudding is the best we have had in years. Decorations fit the olde style pub, keep up the goodness. See you next time we visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The scene is downtown Ashland. If you have been down there, you know what I'm talking about. Street music? Yup. Crafts and Art? You got it! The list goes on and on. My girlfriend and I are creatures of habit for the most part, and we always make the Black Sheep Pub a late-night stop on our Oregon adventure! They are a traditional English Pub with fun radio playlists and a nice warm ambience. In our 40's, it is sometimes hard to find places with music we like to hang out and listen to. Luckily, the 70's, 80's, and 90's are still in style! Even though we normally only make it once a year, we love this part of the trip. We will see a play, then stop in upstairs for a cocktail or pint, and snack on a hummus plate. Our server, Lee, was very nice and hospitable, and made sure that we were well taken care of.
I can't wait to make it back to this place!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We have been to Black Sheep on many occasions. It is upstairs in a building near the Lithia Foundation and you could miss it. it is under new ownership but everything seems the same. We love the shepard's pie, and the fish and chips.
Restaurant is a bit dark, food service can be slow, but character of the place makes it worth the wait. There are several dart boards.
There is live music on Sundays

Reviewed 8 July 2017

It's so sad to know this place is closing. The food and drinks are creative and delicious with the best wait staff in the world, including Lee, who is amazing at remembering names and who also makes great original drinks.