Bard's Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$147
US$118
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Comfort Inn & Suites Ashland(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$119
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$185
US$180
Hotels.com
Callahan's Mountain Lodge(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$140
Best Western Windsor Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$172
Cancelon
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$124
Cancelon
US$183
US$172
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2016

From the outside, the Cedarwood Inn looks like a lightly refreshed old motel (exterior doors) ….. so I was expecting a similar condition inside the room. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the room had been recently refurbished – new carpet, updated bed and bedding. The furniture is still the standard laminate topped/wood kind that is found in accommodations of this price level and standard. The bathrooms look to be the original tub and surround, but the bathroom floor was recently tiled. Overall, as much as could be done cost effectively has been redone, including painting.

The room is large and comfortable with slightly larger dorm fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Good for travelers who need to store food overnight or are staying for a while and don’t want to eat out every meal.

The room was quite hot and the outside hadn’t cooled down much in the evening, so we used the air conditioner. Again, as is commonly found in this type of accommodation, it is the large size usually mounted under the window, which are noisy. We turned the aircon to low and it didn’t really bother us. This one never quite cooled the room completely, but at least we weren’t sweating all night long.

The breakfast selection was good – sausage/biscuits, muffins, bagels and the necessary condiments; hard boiled eggs; yogurt; apple and orange juice; cereals and oatmeal. Coffee was pretty good (not too weak, not too strong) and there is also a hot chocolate and cappuccino option. All things considered, fairly good quality, forgoing too much sugary stuff.

There are several ways to look at the small number of tables/chairs available in the breakfast room. There are two large patio tables and about twelve chairs. Oregonians are friendly folks and so, why can’t we, as travelers, share a table with strangers ? On the other hand, the management has provided trays, so you can take your breakfast back to your room where there is a small dining table and you can also watch the morning news or whatever without fighting with other people over the TV remote control. Or, if you’re in a hurry, you can pack your breakfast to go ~ almost all of the items are pre-packaged. So, no need to make the breakfast room setup a deal-killer for staying at this motel.

It’s a couple of miles to the downtown, so probably not too convenient if you plan to be there day after day since traffic seems to overwhelm the area. Even for us, it was a bit far to walk in the heat. We were fortunate to be there on First Friday, so a lot of shops were still open after we had dinner. Otherwise, it would seem strange to be wandering around in a ghost town in the heat and sun.

If you’re using this as a base for other activities in the area, I think it would just fine – nothing too fancy but clean and updated; good breakfast and the kitchenette for heating/re-heating quick meals (there is a large grocery store on the other side of the freeway, but we didn’t check it out).

Please don’t misconstrue the rating – three stars to me means that it delivers what you expect for the price, and the Cedarwood Inn does. We paid about $75 including taxes in August, which seems pretty reasonable for us coming from the Monterey CA area, but perhaps others of you might care to differ.

A couple of suggestions for the owners: we were searching for the Olympics and there was no on-screen guide to the stations; being unfamiliar with the stations in the area, we flipped through the entire gamut of stations …. In the old days, when there used to be only 3 or 4 broadcast stations, it wasn’t a big deal, but now, as the stations have proliferated (and thanks for giving us more channels !!), it’s harder to find things. Perhaps a pre-printed guide could be included in your “Guest Services” binder. Also, internet connection was a bit slow and sketchy. It took me a while to find the best spot in the room to get service at all (room #301), esp due to the location of the extender.

Room Tip: wi-fi can be spotty, so if important, ask the reception agent
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I booked two rooms at Cedarwood and I had stayed here one other time. I had an unexpected death in the family which required me to go out of state for the funeral, which was on Friday and the day I had the reservation. The death occurred on Tuesday and their cancellation time frame was by 2pm that day. I called at 7pm and explained my situation and that I needed to cancel or change to another day and they refused and told me I would have to may the total room charge for both rooms. I was already sad and this only added to my distress and additional costs for having to fly out of state to attend the funeral. I will never stay here again and would never be able to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank luv2travel5586
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I booked as it gave me the option of 3 queen beds in a suite. The place was not clean, the TV didn't work properly and the phone did not even have a cord going to the wall. They said they would call me and give me a discount after I left and then they didn't.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 14 August 2016

On the plus side, the room had all the amenities we wanted and needed, although a comfortable lounge chair would have been nice. It was reasonably priced and provided a lot for the money. The TV, frig, microwave, coffee make, and air conditioning all worked well for us. The room was clean.

On the negative side, the bedside lamps plug into the wall directly at the head of the mattress and actually protruded up against the mattress so that everytime you are on the bed and move around, the lamp cord plug comes out of the socket and turns off the light. The bedside lights kept going off and on due to the plug in being jostled. It wasn't until the second day that I figured out what was causing it.

Second, the continental breakfast itself was OK but the fresh fruit provided was aweful. They put out the same bruised and damaged oranges all three days we were there when it was obvious people wouldn't eat them. Also the tables were filthy and did not appear to be wiped down at the end of the breakfast meal. They certainly didn't get any attention during the meal since no staff was around to assist with it. I think the breakfast was the major disappointment for us.

Based on value, I would probably stay there again but I would have to think about it first.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016

The Cedarwood Inn is an outdated worn out shabby hotel that is closer to a one star or less and unwilling to honor what they communicated. Most of the time the wifi signal was too weak to be practical, the outdated room was worn out (e.g. sheets torn and threadbare, noisy older air conditioner/heater, worn out older curtains/carpets/bed cover, dark dated decor) and the room smelled musty, smoky and unpleasant. The soap/shampoo, etc was the cheapest lowest quality.

For those drawn to this location due to costs, I would caution you! Be sure that you get pricing in writing in advance of payment and double check there is truly a savings versus other cost competitive higher quality locations in downtown Ashland. In addition to being on the low side of quality, the Cedarwood Inn is a couple of miles outside of downtown Ashland.

I foolishly tried to save money by staying at the Cedarwood Inn via Priceline. What a mistake!! The Cedarwood Inn charged me an additional fee on top of Priceline resulting in greater costs than if I had stayed at a significantly better lodging.

Advance booking is usually an excellent way to keep costs down while securing lodging especially given how quickly Ashland hotels can become sold out. However I did not want be stuck with a nonrefundable charge to only later find that they were unable to have room for pets or have additional unexpected costs like wifi, parking and pets fee that would make other places better priced especially for the quality. For this reason, PRIOR to booking online, I called the Cedarwood Inn. They confirmed that that wifi, parking and pet costs would be covered with the Priceline purchase. That was not the case when I checked-in. They charged me an additional fee. My mistake was being to relaxed, trusting and not getting the pricing in writing. My other mistake was choosing this location over significantly better lodging in downtown Ashland.

In the end, even without the additional fee, I would have much better off if I had stayed at a place like the Ashland Springs Hotel for a happier-better experience, quality, pricing, convenience and sleep.

Stayed: June 2016