Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Staybridge.com
US$236
US$199
  • Restaurant
All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanrite aidfront desktwo nightswafflesdorney parkoff the highwayan older hotelwould stay here againking roomfree breakfastinnsnccerealhallwayseminar
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

There was nothing special about this hotel. The rooms were musky, but fairly clean. They promote their little bar and grill in the breakfast area, but I went down and there was a very limited selection of beer. Also, I asked for a menu and the lady gave me menus from two pizza places out in town. She said I didn't want anything from the hotel, so I took the advice. Later that night, there was police activity in the parking lot all night, not sure what that was about. Overall, it was an Ok stay, however, I'd probably stay someplace else next time. Last thing, I've seen some snarky responses to reviewers on here from the hotel staff.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
lucy t, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear guest,

thank you for completing our online survey.

sorry to hear that you didn't like anything that our hotel has to offer our guest. the police being in the parking lot had nothing to do with us that was out of our control. we would of like for you to had a better time staying with us but I am sorry to hear that was not the case.

we hope you give us another chance and come stay with us again!

Reviewed 8 June 2016

The only time I have used my credit card in PA was at this location. Now, months later, substantial fraudulent charges are appearing on my credit card just miles from this Comfort Inn. Coincidence or identity theft? You decide.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
lucy t, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear guest,

we are sorry to hear that you had a fraud issue with your credit card, but I can I sure you it was not from my hotel you said it yourself miles from our hotel. I hope you can fix any issues you are having and that they can give you the answers your looking for about who did the fraud on your credit card.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

This seemed to be a newer Comfort Inn and was a good place for a night. Good bed, quiet, with places to eat nearby. East to reach off the highway, and a pleasant lobby. Staff was helpful with directions. Good stopover traveling from Hudson Valley to VA.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
lucy t, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

front desk manager
comfort inn

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

The room was clean and Denise in the lounge was great but we felt extremely uncomfortable when we went down for breakfast the following morning. I have never seen anything like it before in all the hotels I've stayed in. There were about 15 of the housekeeping staff getting full plates of breakfast as well. My family had to wait in line behind them for the toaster for a good 10 minutes and the conversation wasn't filtered in anyway. There was even a manager from the front desk making herself breakfast. I've worked in food and beverage for years and have never seen anything like that.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie P
lucy t, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feed back is very important to us. I am very sorry to hear that you didn't like how the housekeepers were going for breakfast at the same time as you and your family were. they take breakfast before 8 o'clock which is the time they start working. I will make sure to have them take breakfast at a earlier time so that no one else has any complains about it as well.

Again I apologize in behave of the housekeeping staff and we are looking forward to having you back here soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2016

The hotel was fine. It wasn't immaculate, but it wasn't gross either. Everything in west Allentown was booked when we needed to be there and that is how we ended up here, though I don't like this chain at all. I would much rather have stayed at Homewood Suites or another similar place where the desk employees are more professional (and don't holler back and forth with the employee in the "bar") and the nooks and crannies cleaner, but it is fine in a pinch. We decided to forego breakfast, so I can't say whether that was good.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear guest,

we want to thank you for completing our survey. On weekdays now is really hard to get the Homewood suites to have any rooms available because of all the traveling people that stop to rest but making reservations on time helps a lot, I hope next time you get to stay at the hotel of your choice. I will bring to the attention of my staff about the yelling across the front desk to the bar I apologize about that. I hope that even though you had those dislikes you still had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. we would like to have you again soon!