Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West(Allentown)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$117
Staybridge.com
US$110
US$77
All reviewsdorney parkdirectly across the streetfront deskpancake machinehousekeeping doesroom was cleanmuhlenberg collegefree breakfastthe breakfast areayogurtstayed here for one nightwater pressure in the showernice propertya great place to stayhotel staffshort driveexcellent stay
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Most definitely recommended! Stayed a night with family due to a Sweet 15 here in P.A...We came from N.Y...and it was Great Bed, shower and Breakfast weekend stay here!!! Loved it ! Felt very comfortable and People are really Nice!!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MMoncada807
Claudia S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! Please let me apologize for the "smell" in your room, we cannot stress any harder on how sorry we truly are :(. Hopefully you will come back to stay again and please let me say that our hotel will be under going a full renovation inside and out! So the next time you get to visit you will be in our newly renovated facility.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel twice this summer. Both visits we're 3 nights.

The proximity to Dorney Park cannot be beat.

My only complaint is that this second time, Labor Day weekend, the room smelled something awful. Housekeeping attempted to remedy the situation, but it really wasn't fixable.

I was told it was due to humidity, but I don't agree. This was really really nasty.

Otherwise I was happy with our stay. Staff is super friendly.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank PoorTripPlanner
Claudia S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We greatly appreciate and value our guest feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the smell in your room. Our staff truly does work their hardest to please all of our guest. We will also be undergoing a full renovation inside and out the ending of this year and the early beginning of next year. I do hope that you consider staying with us in the near future so we can offer you better service.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Rooms are a little outdated, but they are clean. Bathrooms same!
Beds are VERY comfortable and PILLOWS, too! Good nights sleep.
Good value with breakfast too, alot to choose from, including eggs
sausage, cereal, fruit, all kids of breads, pancakes, juices.
Rooms are small but efficient!!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room off main drag.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Found upon entering my room that there was no hot water connected to the bathroom sink. Also, the electric outlets above the vanity were not functioning. Tried to contact the front desk, but there was NO TELEPHONE in the room. I also noticed that there was: no soap available; the shampoo provided was half used; the floors were filthy; and, the bed linen was dirty. Using my cell phone my attempts to contact the desk were in vain as nobody answered; it was about 8:00pm.

I stayed in the room because there was no choice. Other inns in the vicinity were totally booked or beyond my budget. The next morning when I checked out I let my problems be known. The clerk was not simpatico, but did agree to reduce the charge, but this never appeared on my credit statement.

I was traveling and did not have the opportunity to review this inn's operation. Had I, I would never have stayed there; I would, even though it was dark, have continued on to the next location having available rooms.

Room Tip: If possible, when traveling by land transportation, review the hotels in the areas you plan to stay. It could save you lots of headaches.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Claudia S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Dear Bob S.,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us in August. Please know I am VERY concerned that you endured such a terrible experience and want you to know that this is NOT typical of the service and accommodations we provide.

With such limited information available when guests post on TripAdvisor, I was unable to determine when you stayed with us nor what room you stayed in. I would very much like to not only adjust ALL charges from your bill but also extend a personal invitation to return as my guest.

Please contact me directly at 610-437-9255 or via email at claudia_stemler@yahoo.com.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Claudia Stemler

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Room was very clean we got king suite for what other hotels charging for two doubles. Even the stairways were nice and this is usually neglected area. Hot breakfast. Parking was not very convenient. All parking is in front o hotel

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Claudia S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear Robbin,

Thank you for 4 star rating of our hotel! We sincerely appreciate it! It is guests such as yourself that confirms the service we try to give to our guests, and are very thankful.

We hope to see you again in the future the next time your are in town.