“Coffee Ok, Customer Service Lacking”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
M.J.'s Coffeehouse at the Allen
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Annville
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Coffee was ok. The customer service is definitely lacking. No "good afternoon. How can I help you." We ordered and it was set on counter. Paid and no "thanks, have a great day." I was also told cash only when I went to pay. I did not see a sign but could have easily missed it.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Cozy little coffeehouse, always bustling with students and locals. You order at the counter and they prepare and deliver your food. They have many good things soups, sandwiches, and salads etc. Plus this is at the coolest restored theater with incredible sound system you can imagine. But, the Hot Dogs are worth the trip just for them alone. In fact we do go just to get hotdogs some times and we have to drive 35 minutes to get there. Desserts and ice cream are also available. Give it a try even if you need to go a bit out of the way- this is worth it. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love going to MJ's Coffehouse before seeing a movie at the Allen theater! It is so cozy and has a unique charm. Love that I can take my food into the theater if I am not done eating it too!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We just went to MJ's for lunch and I am really disappointed. I hadn't been there in years and decided I wanted to take a ride over and have lunch. The man behind the counter was (honestly, not to be blunt) RUDE!!! He didn't say two words to us when we ordered just took the order and walked away. He brought out our food, which was done in a timely manner, but set it down and walked away. I walked up to ask for a fork and he handed me a knife and walked away (shows how much he pays attention) and I took the dirty dishes up when we were finished and set them on the counter and he looked over and went "oh thanks". No have a good day, how was your food, nothing!!! I ordered the chicken salad on a croissant and it was soggy and the croissant tasted stale. The ice tea was very good! I won't be returning again and I had a few friends ask me to let them know how it is, and sadly I can assure you they won't be going there either. It's a shame because I am a person who loves supporting local businesses and does so often. But $20 for a mediocre lunch and horrible customer service isn't my scene!!!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

If you need a light bite to eat or are in the mood for a movie, check out MJ's! Tasty food and coffee for all!