“lousy dinner for the price”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Annville
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees…all cooked to order!Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms
Reviewed 15 January 2018

received a gift certificate for Christmas,went there for lunch and could not believe the prices and not including the salad bar any more without paying extra,we both got the steak sandwich with unlimited fries and had to buy the salad bar extra with it! the steak sandwich was so lousy and the meat was so thin you did not taste anything but bread! totally su--ed!bathroom was filthy and the bill was about $30 with a tip,meal was worth about $17 total! no wonder I stopped going there and would recommend going to Golden Corral where everything is all you can eat for that same price! totally disappointed and never again!instead of unlimited fries they should give you the salad bar! no wonder there is never anyone there for business you lost mine forever!!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Reasonable prices, nice selection on the buffet. But they need some sound proofing.
Very good desert bar.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We had traveled all day and wanted plain eats. We were unaware of the salad bar. We learned for $3.00 one gets a salad/ bread/ and dessert bar. We each had steak. When served we were asked to cut in and check. Both were under done so we sent them back. I would rather under cooked, and cooked some more than overcooked. With salad, steak and potato we were too full too appreciate all the wonderful dessert choices: cakes, soft ice cream, fruit, and a view more items. I would go back to this chain again for a good meal.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Since moving to Pennsylvania we've been to a few great restaurants, and we sure weren't disappointed at Hoss. Went here because they were offering a 20% portion of the final tab to go to a charity from our church. The salad bar was excellent with many choices and the menu was terrific. I'm a beef guy and my wife is a big seafood fan and the menu had many choices for both. Service was outstanding, friendly and efficient. We recommend it and will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I go here for lunch usually about once a week. I used to try to get menu food, but gave up, because it is all either horrifically bad for you - like their "fish sandwich" that is really a fried fish sub about as long as a football, or is just not worth the price. The salad bar is pretty decent, though as someone who doesn't eat any meat but fish, their soup selection can be frustrating - lots of grody looking meat soups. I pretty consistently have to pick slimy pieces out of the salad, but if you buy spring mix from the store, you know what I mean. It would be really nice if they had an employee do this behind the scenes instead of just dumping the spring mix in there with slimy pieces. Other than that, the salad bar has a wide variety of stuff on it, and you get the dessert bar as well if you're into that, which has fruit, cookies, a couple kinds of cakes, brownies, and ice cream with toppings. Salad bar alone is a pretty good deal.

The decor in this place, however, is pretty horrible. WEIRD old-timey stuff all over the walls. Most of the people who go here are old folks, though, so maybe they enjoy it. It feels like being in a basement in the 70's or something.

One thing I'll say is that I have NEVER had bad service from anyone at this place, and all the people who work here are nice. Even though I always just get the salad bar, the waitresses always keep checking to see if I need anything. There are also always people checking on the salad bar to make sure items are filled.