“Tough call”

New Milano's Cafe
Ranked #16 of 31 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 February 2016

I am expecting to revisit the area with guests next weekend, so dropped into Milano's to check the place out. Wait staff was very nice and attentive. The menu is Italian/Greek. The decore is rustic. The menu is packed with salads, sandwiches, burgers and both Italian and Greek entrees. Entrees include a large salad and big piece of garlic bread (at least the italian entree I ordered did).

Although the Greek dishes looked appealing, I wasn't brave enough to give them a try. I settled for Italian Stuffed Shells. Difficult to truely tell how good the stuffed shells were. They were covered in a thick layer of melted mozzarella cheese. Overall, the dish was tasty, but then again, I am a cheese lover. The salad was large. It was the basic iceberg and tomato with some minced cucumber. Interestingly, there was cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.

I had hoped for a dining venue that I could bring my guests to next week. I'm not sure if this will be it.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We ate here our first night in Abbeville. It's within walking distance of the Belmont In, which was lovely, as my husband really doesn't like to drive after we've gotten to a motel for the night.

Food is good-solid & dependable. Our wait person was very attentive.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

This restaurant is on the lovely square and I chose a booth in the window so I could enjoy the view. Milano's advertises Italian and Greek and I ordered the chicken Zorba. It was a very nice dish with chicken, onion and mushrooms over rice, and a side of something like greek yogurt tzatziki with a faint cucumber taste. There was enough left over to have for supper.

Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

We were out shopping when it started raining and I got a sudden urge of hunger for pizza. I asked around and was told Milano's had the best pizza. So we made it a date night. I was expecting it to be a small place only serving pizza. However, after reading the menu, I was salivating for EVERYTHING listed-which is rare. My boyfriend is a very picky eater so they made our pizza half and half. Mine loaded and his not so much. It took a bit for it to be ready but as soon as it arrived, the aroma was flooding the building. I had two slices and then brought the rest home. (I just finished the left overs). One thing I would change about this place, the waitress we had was very sweet but had no clue about the menu nor had the chance to try anything. So I would recommend the employees learn the menu. She had to take my menu to know what we ordered. On the other hand, I will definitely revisit.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Food was adequate but service was slow and they seemed disinterested. After finishing it took nearly 20 minutes to pay. Waiting in line even though there were only 10 people in the whole place.