“SubPrime Rib”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The “special” supplemental menu had photos of the food just like Denny’s and other chains use. Knowing that exaggeration is the least sincerest form of marketing, but overcome with hunger, the eight ounce prime rib was ordered — medium rare. After the order was taken, my companion told me that the meat would be cooked well beyond medium rare even though it would not be done well.
The server brought a piece of meat slightly thicker than a new Samsung tablet. The server was told that it did not look medium rare and he responded that the outside was misleading and encouraged me to check inside. A short cut disclosed that the undercooked warning on the menu did not apply to this serving.
The server agreed to bring another piece of meat.
While we waited my companion tendered an opinion that the second attempt would be cold because the heating process used to “warm up” the meat could not heat and retain a medium rare condition. That opinion was confirmed by the somewhat medium rare second portion’s appearance and temperature. The server essentially conceded that medium rare is not within their competence.
I then had a hamburger that was good.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Our family visited fatz after an encounter of failed service at another local restaurant. However the staff at fatz was very attentive & friendly the food was very good A Huge thank you ! to the staff. For a great experience!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I have been going here for a while. I normally have a good experience but this time was not one. I don't know why or what happened but the rolls tasted stale the sweet tea was not good and service was very slow. The first thing of fries were over cooked and rubbery and the second thing of fries were tasteless. The food tasted just not good. This was my fiances first time going and it will take some convincing to get her back.I am extremely shocked. This is the first bad experience I have had. Hotfoot next time ITT will be back to normal with good did and food service

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Great family spot! Had the shrimp and grits, wow it was yummy. Wonderful southern food choices. Biscuits and butter before your meal is the bomb! We will be going back here!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I have visited Fatz before, and I have never been disappointed. The meals are a fair size, the prices reasonable, and the quality of the food is very good. If you are looking for casual dining or a meal for business, you can't go wrong with this.

Been to FATZ? Share your experiences!