“Not great, not terrible”
Review of FATZ

FATZ
Ranked #28 of 199 Restaurants in Aiken
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Reminds me a lot of a TGI Fridays. Decent food. Seems like it was pre-frozen..or just made to be lacking flavor. Not good, not bad, not memorable.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

An exceptional experience after a terrible dinner experience the night before at another restaurant. Our server Jordan went out of her way to create a great experience and Chris the manager spent time talking with us as well as others throughout the restaurant. You can tell they value your business and want to create a place that feels like you are a regular. Our food was great starting with fresh salads and the hot and flavorful shrimp and grits and ribs. Just what we needed after a long weekend of projects around the house.

Great job Jordan and Chris. Thanks!!!!!!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Visited for lunch, excellent food and service as usual. If you're looking for a consistently good meal at reasonable price, give them a try in Aiken. Management does a great job and the staff can always be counted on for friendly service.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Fats has always been a consistent quality experience. After weeks of daily emails tempting me with a beautiful photo of perfectly prepared Prime Rib, I took the bait.
The first piece I ordered was to be med-rare. I was expecting a fairly red slab of meat. Instead, it looked more like a pot roast that was in a crock pot all day. I sent it back and the server was not surprised. She came back 5 minutes later with a piece that looked like it had been cooked in a microwave More gray than red. I left most of it and the server took it off the bill. He apologized and said I should of cautioned you. It was very disappointing the. The salads are always great. The roles are great. The service fine. My wife's Citrus Chicken was tender. I usually get the Calibash. Chicken which is always great. Don't get the Prime Rib.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The “special” supplemental menu had photos of the food just like Denny’s and other chains use. Knowing that exaggeration is the least sincerest form of marketing, but overcome with hunger, the eight ounce prime rib was ordered — medium rare. After the order was taken, my companion told me that the meat would be cooked well beyond medium rare even though it would not be done well.
The server brought a piece of meat slightly thicker than a new Samsung tablet. The server was told that it did not look medium rare and he responded that the outside was misleading and encouraged me to check inside. A short cut disclosed that the undercooked warning on the menu did not apply to this serving.
The server agreed to bring another piece of meat.
While we waited my companion tendered an opinion that the second attempt would be cold because the heating process used to “warm up” the meat could not heat and retain a medium rare condition. That opinion was confirmed by the somewhat medium rare second portion’s appearance and temperature. The server essentially conceded that medium rare is not within their competence.
I then had a hamburger that was good.

Been to FATZ? Share your experiences!