“Best place for homemade southern food”
Review of Auten's

Auten's
Ranked #19 of 191 Restaurants in Aiken
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Description: Auten's is family style country cooking made down home good. Excellent food served by a wonderful waitstaff. We know you will enjoy your visit.
Reviewed 22 March 2017

My husband and I come here pretty often and never have a bad experience. You cannot go wrong with breakfast or lunch. Their biscuits are massive, making their biscuits and gravy delicious and filling. They always have great choices for lunch and there is no way anyone can leave hungry. Service is always great, it has been the same staff since we moved here years ago.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Ate here on a Sunday. The food was great and so was the service. Very polite servers and owners. If you like real Southern food, you'll like this place.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

The service and food was very good. No complaints. I would return. We go to this restaurant regularly after church and the portions are very good. Good food, good service, and prices are very reasonable. Family Friendly For Sure!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Absolutely the best breakfast I've had for some time! Very fresh ingredients and down home cooking makes for an outstanding breakfast!!
I recommend them to anyone!! You must try them!

Reviewed 22 December 2016

We went there for breakfast after hearing so many glowing reports. I was terribly disappointed. I ordered eggs scrambled with a little cheese, bacon, and rye toast. (All breakfasts come with Auten's "smooth potatoes") The eggs tasted awful! I thought it might be the cheese, but I tried some with no cheese and they were just as bad. Besides, who would use anything other than American or cheddar or some other regular, normal cheese with eggs? The bacon was cooked nicely - not burned - and it was nice bacon, but all three of my pieces were cold. Very unappetizing. Their smooth potatoes are a scoop of mashed potatoes flattened out and thrown on the grill for a few minutes so they are a crispy potato pattie, the kind my mom always made with left-over mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are not my idea of a breakfast food, but that could be a personal problem. To me, hash browns would have been much more appetizing. However, they are harder to cook, aren't they? The final straw was the toast. The best I can say was that it was warm bread. Toast? Absolutely not! It was so not-toasted that it was still soft. There was a little spot of brown (toasted) area on one part of each slice, so I guess it had seen the inside of the toaster, but it was not what anyone would call toast. There was a very little bit of butter on each slice. But most of the time you would be eating warm, unbuttered bread. There was butter on the table, but using it was a waste of time as it was hard and there was no warmth from the bread to soften it. As a final attempt to save it, I looked for some little packets of jelly but to no avail. None! What restaurant serves breakfast without having those jelly offerings available?
When you're in Aiken, do yourself a favor and go ANYWHERE ELSE for breakfast! I have no opinion of lunch or dinner here, but, believe me, I never will have.

Been to Auten's? Share your experiences!