Bleckley Inn
US$105
US$100
US$94
US$92
All reviewscookies and milkdowntown andersoncasserolebaconhardwood floorsmain buildingplaza roommodern amenitiesfamily weddingplace to staywasher and dryercomfortable bedwithin walking distancesouthern hospitalityhome away from homeshelbydickson
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This was a destination trip to Anderson that happened to coincide with Valentine's day, so when I discovered the Romance package, well, all our needs were taken care of in one stop. The package included the night at the Bleckley, a couples massage, and dinner at nearby Sullivan's Restaurant. The staff at the Bleckley accommodated our afternoon massage appointment with an early check-in, allowing us to get settled without rushing. My wife and I have used the same massage therapist at home for 20 years (because she's that good) and we were in no way disappointed by the experts at the Lilia Day Spa - both were outstanding. Food and service at Sullivan's was on par with the rest of the weekend - absolutely first rate.

As all the other reviewers have already pointed out, the Inn is beautiful, inviting, accommodating, comfortable, and convenient. While not everything is actually ON the premises, the Bleckley has skillfully partnered with local business (which too should be applauded) to ensure guests have access to dining, exercise facilities, etc. at no more of a walk than inside some larger hotels.

And I would be remiss without a tip ot the hat to the staff, Shelby, the Innkeeper, kept us informed and up-to-date from the original booking until after arrival and check-in and ensured we had everything we needed. Then, of course, she followed up afterwards to ensure we had enjoyed our stay. The rest of the staff were no less warm, friendly and hospitable. We weren't particularly demanding, but I had the distinct feeling we could have asked for almost anything within reason, and they would have tried to accommodate.

My wife and I enjoy traveling around the country and the world and don't often go to the same place twice (we haven't seen everything ONCE yet), And while I don't hesitate to recommend great experiences to friends and associates, there are not a lot of places I go back to again and again. I think the Bleckley has become one of those places.

Profound thanks to the owners and staff for a perfect weekend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My wife and I stayed in one of the suites and found it to be an extraordinary experience. We have traveled widely and found the Bleckley Inn to be one of the finest hotels in which we have stayed. The bed exceeded any normal standard of comfort. It featured luxurious sheets and a mattress that can only be described as perfect. The floors - beautiful pine planking - only enhanced the tasteful earth tones found throughout the suite. The bathroom was very large and perfectly designed for comfort. The entire hotel including our suite was beyond an definition of clean. I never saw and dust or imperfection. Lastly, the complimentary breakfast is fantastic. It is far more than continental. If you want a perfect experience at a hotel, look no further than the Bleckley

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Bleckley Inn and the room we stayed in was AWESOME! We had a king size bed that was as good as sleeping at home and the linens were so soft and comfortable. The bathroom had his and her sinks and the shower was amazing! It was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. And, so affordable! The staff was great as well! I highly recommend the Bleckley Inn!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The Bleckley Inn has figured it out! I stayed in one of the Dickson Inn Suites and it was superb,
from the wonderful bed and linens, to the personal ammenities. I cannot say enough nice things about this property. If you are in the area and need a place to stay, grab it! IF i could have taken the bed home with me, I would have! Perhaps I will order some of the linens they sell on their website.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We are Andersonians and this stay was an anniversary gift and we enjoyed it very much, from the very nice beds and linens to the great breakfast. The Inn is very clean and beautifully decorated, has very friendly service, and is a great addition to downtown Anderson.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple