“Great food from a little hole in the wall”
Review of Pita Way

Pita Way
Ranked #45 of 294 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 7 October 2017

The beef shawarma with rice and salad was simply a great taste. Even the rice had a very nice taste.

The owner does everything in this little restaurant. He takes orders, cooks the food and delivers the food. If an explanation of the dish he gives a heavily accented description from the chef.
It's a great place and I'm going back.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

It looks like it is an old Waffle House location, run by a very nice and pleasant man. He will cater to anything you want. The Gyro and fries are great for lunch (and cheap!) But there is also other Greek/Mediterranean items that are even tastier. Just tell the chef any special requests and it is all cooked to order.

1  Thank D M
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

My brother and I were in the mood for a gyro and went to Pita Way for lunch one afternoon, having never been there before, and we were so glad we did. We both got a gyro and fries and it was delicious. Hot and fresh and very tasty. We'll be going back again for sure

1  Thank Nick F
Reviewed 7 February 2016

We visited this spot on a lark. We were in town for family business; saw the sign and thought: "that looks interesting. It's not a chain. Let's try it out." I am glad we did! The Mrs. and I had the veggie gyro, falafel gyro, hummus and tabouli salad while the BIL had the beef shawarma. The chef/wait staff prepares everything to order. The veggie gyro as excellent and the falafel was freshly fried. Perhaps the best thing was the tabouli salad. It was most excellent. The flavors were wonderful. It was probably one of the best tabouli salads I have eaten. I was not disappointed when I burped a half hour after my meal and was reminded how good everything tasted.

Word to the non-adventurous. If you like the septic feel of chain restaurants then this place is not for you. This place should be considered a joint. It is like going to someone's house whose grandfather feels like preparing a meal for you. The chef/waitstaff seems to speak just enough English to make US dollars. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

I visit here a great deal. It keeps bringing me back. The gyros are awesome and the helpings are generous! Also, the best hummus money can buy.

Been to Pita Way? Share your experiences!