“Clean Rooms but Under Construction”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Antioch
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I would stay here again. This was the last leg of a month long, 7000 mile trip with our children in the mini-van. With this said, I believe the management should move all the construction paraphernalia to the rear of the hotel and I would rate the hotel very good. When you pull up, it is a mess of furniture and dumpsters; please, move this to the back lot. We almost left when we pulled up because of the construction chaos. We were exhausted, it was late, we had a room booked for several nights. We decided to stay the first night and figure it out in the morning. Thankfully, we called the day of check in to confirm our reservation since we were running late and asked for the third floor which we were told had been completely renovated. The person we spoke with blocked our room and we were delighted with the size and comfort when we arrived. It was just as comfortable as a higher end hotel we had stayed in the prior night. The hallways were only primed so if you brushed against a wall, you were covered in white powder. It was a joke at breakfast as we all dusted off (it did dust right off). The other guests were very friendly, middle class environment, I felt very safe and enjoyed breakfast. The inside of the room was completely renovated with new beds/mattress and carpet. The day staff was very kind and helpful. The night staff could use some PR training, i.e. a little sketchy playing a game in the breakfast room and leaving the front desk unattended as we waited for service after pulling up to chaos stated above. If they weren't under construction, I wouldn't give a second thought to them being in the other room but the first impression was shady. Since we stayed multiple nights, it became clear it was a good choice... perfect location, fit our budget and a safe property. The breakfast was surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting much but it was much better than most of the chain hotels we stay at along the way that charged a much higher rate. The bottom line: Antioch has limited choices and if you want to be in the Antioch area, this is by far the best choice. For us, the only choice after seeing the other hotels. The rooms are very clean and breakfast is good. It fit our needs. I believe when the construction is complete this will be a very nice property receiving an excellent rating.

Room Tip: As of late June 2016, 3rd floor has the least construction. Rooms are complete, only hallways are un...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JKMacAZ
ManagementGM37013, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

We are driven by the motivation of giving our guests the best service there is to offer, and it gives us great joy to know that we have done a good job in attending to your needs. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing to us your positive experience regarding the appreciation you have for our reliable staff, as well as the liking you expressed with the accommodation in total. We only wish to give nothing but the best service to our guests and to know that we have accomplished such goal gives us great joy. We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

The hotel itself is fine. It's a standard hotel (I mean it's called Econolodge, so you already should have an idea what to expect). The issue comes in when billing is concerned. My friend booked and paid for two rooms in April. When June rolled around and we checked in, they claimed we had only booked one room. We had the email receipt clearly showing we booked two rooms, and after 5 minutes of confusing conversation we were told it would be taken care of. They asked for my card to cover incidentals for the second room (which was the room I was staying in), which seemed a bit odd because they already had my friend's card, but I didn't think much of it at the time, so I gave them the card info.
Cut to several days later, after we're all checked out and at home. My friend and I both receive charges on our cards for the rooms that had already been paid for. When my friend called and tried to get things resolved, they charged her card a SECOND TIME. The hotel staff is nearly impossible to reach on the phone and when you can get in touch with them, they are thoroughly unhelpful. We still have not received our money back despite numerous attempts to fix the issue.
I would avoid this hotel at all costs because it seems to be unable to keep a simple record of receipt of payment.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank francoisjon
ManagementGM37013, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Thank you for this thorough and insightful review. I apologize that you are not made aware of the additional charge on your stay. I will discuss this concern to the management so they can assist with this thoroughly. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Hotel is currently being remodeled. Parking lot is cluttered with construction equipment and building materials. Construction materials stored in stairways. Pool area bathroom missing sink and had exposed wiring. Paint lifting from the bottom of the pool and floating in the pool.

We had to contact the front desk to get several light bulbs replaced and they had to bring up a new office chair after the original one tipped a threw me onto the floor.

Breakfast was bad, bad, bad.

The only thing louder than the noise in the hallway was the train that runs right next to the hotel property.

Room Tip: Find another nearby hotel to stay at.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgcdriver
ManagementGM37013, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and
services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Traveling with a handicapped family member is tough when looking for accessible rooms and bathrooms. We recently stayed here in their suite, which gave him plenty of room to maneuver around the furniture and into the spacious bathroom.

Again, place is under renovations, but it was quiet at night when we were there in our room. New beds were firm but comfortable; a little on the high side for a shorter person like myself. Our room was clean and just had a new carpet smell to it. Since we stayed 2 nights, our room was cleaned in between well. Fridge was nice and cold and micro wave worked. Soap supplies were replenished. No mold or mildew at all. I would recommend a fan in the bathroom for ventilation as it gets stuffy after a bit from the shower.

Breakfast was hot with a nice spread of eggs, cereal, juices, pastries, waffles, etc; more than adequate for anyone to find something to eat before heading out to start their day. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Like another reviewer stated, this is not a luxurious facility yet, but when it is done, should be great. Pool was closed during construction. If you don't mind they haven't finished hanging the wall paper yet, but want a nice, clean, facility, this is good for you.

One recommendation for hotels is to please put the TV's on the walls. It is difficult to watch them when laying down in bed. I guess I am spoiled from home, but it would be simple to do.

Room Tip: Handicap Accessible Rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 2Quick4U
ManagementGM37013, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to recognize our staff for their exemplary work in
providing clean and comfortable experience for our valued guests. Our staff is highly trained to give you an exceptional experience, and we are very pleased to learn that we achieved this goal during your recent stay. We only wish to give nothing but the best service to our guests, and to know that we have accomplished such goal gives us great joy. We are very happy to learn that your stay was so peaceful, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

My children, sisters, nieces, mother and I, made the horrible choice to stay at this property on our annual girls trip. We had reserved the rooms online weeks in advance and when we got there they couldn't find our 2nd room reservation, and informed us we were "lucky" they had a cancellation and could accommodate us even though I had my confirmation email with booking info showing we had it reserved weeks ago. We paid with cash and I put a credit card on file for incidentals. They CHARGED MY CARD the full $116.50 and when I questioned them, the lady at the front desk (short blond hair, $ tree nails) assured me that it would come back off my card at check out. It did NOT. I called back multiple times and each time she assured me it would be taken care of, and after 2 weeks I got sick of the lies and filed a claim with my bank. Thank the Lord I had saved my receipts showing I paid full in cash, because the manager, Pamela Benford, tried disputing it! Also at check in, the first room they gave us was dirty with cups and trash in it still, so they gave us a different room, and than the office chair my (115 lb.) sister was sitting in broke underneath her! We told the front desk and they could care less. The kitchen staff at breakfast was not wearing hair nets or gloves and the overall feel of this hotel was gross. I literally apologized to my family for making them stay there, but all other hotels were booked due to conferences and stuff going on that weekend or we would have went elsewhere the first night! My advice is to stay anywhere besides this place.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antioch
1.2 km away
22.6 km away
Sleep Inn Nashville
Sleep Inn Nashville
#86 of 159 in Nashville

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!