All reviews room was clean nashville airport bagels bell road pool and hot tub staff was very friendly
Reviewed 22 June 2016

The hotel itself is fine. It's a standard hotel (I mean it's called Econolodge, so you already should have an idea what to expect). The issue comes in when billing is concerned. My friend booked and paid for two rooms in April. When June rolled around and we checked in, they claimed we had only booked one room. We had the email receipt clearly showing we booked two rooms, and after 5 minutes of confusing conversation we were told it would be taken care of. They asked for my card to cover incidentals for the second room (which was the room I was staying in), which seemed a bit odd because they already had my friend's card, but I didn't think much of it at the time, so I gave them the card info.
Cut to several days later, after we're all checked out and at home. My friend and I both receive charges on our cards for the rooms that had already been paid for. When my friend called and tried to get things resolved, they charged her card a SECOND TIME. The hotel staff is nearly impossible to reach on the phone and when you can get in touch with them, they are thoroughly unhelpful. We still have not received our money back despite numerous attempts to fix the issue.
I would avoid this hotel at all costs because it seems to be unable to keep a simple record of receipt of payment.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank francoisjon
ManagementGM37013, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Thank you for this thorough and insightful review. I apologize that you are not made aware of the additional charge on your stay. I will discuss this concern to the management so they can assist with this thoroughly. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Hotel is currently being remodeled. Parking lot is cluttered with construction equipment and building materials. Construction materials stored in stairways. Pool area bathroom missing sink and had exposed wiring. Paint lifting from the bottom of the pool and floating in the pool.

We had to contact the front desk to get several light bulbs replaced and they had to bring up a new office chair after the original one tipped a threw me onto the floor.

Breakfast was bad, bad, bad.

The only thing louder than the noise in the hallway was the train that runs right next to the hotel property.

Room Tip: Find another nearby hotel to stay at.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgcdriver
ManagementGM37013, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and
services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Traveling with a handicapped family member is tough when looking for accessible rooms and bathrooms. We recently stayed here in their suite, which gave him plenty of room to maneuver around the furniture and into the spacious bathroom.

Again, place is under renovations, but it was quiet at night when we were there in our room. New beds were firm but comfortable; a little on the high side for a shorter person like myself. Our room was clean and just had a new carpet smell to it. Since we stayed 2 nights, our room was cleaned in between well. Fridge was nice and cold and micro wave worked. Soap supplies were replenished. No mold or mildew at all. I would recommend a fan in the bathroom for ventilation as it gets stuffy after a bit from the shower.

Breakfast was hot with a nice spread of eggs, cereal, juices, pastries, waffles, etc; more than adequate for anyone to find something to eat before heading out to start their day. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Like another reviewer stated, this is not a luxurious facility yet, but when it is done, should be great. Pool was closed during construction. If you don't mind they haven't finished hanging the wall paper yet, but want a nice, clean, facility, this is good for you.

One recommendation for hotels is to please put the TV's on the walls. It is difficult to watch them when laying down in bed. I guess I am spoiled from home, but it would be simple to do.

Room Tip: Handicap Accessible Rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 2Quick4U
ManagementGM37013, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to recognize our staff for their exemplary work in
providing clean and comfortable experience for our valued guests. Our staff is highly trained to give you an exceptional experience, and we are very pleased to learn that we achieved this goal during your recent stay. We only wish to give nothing but the best service to our guests, and to know that we have accomplished such goal gives us great joy. We are very happy to learn that your stay was so peaceful, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

My children, sisters, nieces, mother and I, made the horrible choice to stay at this property on our annual girls trip. We had reserved the rooms online weeks in advance and when we got there they couldn't find our 2nd room reservation, and informed us we were "lucky" they had a cancellation and could accommodate us even though I had my confirmation email with booking info showing we had it reserved weeks ago. We paid with cash and I put a credit card on file for incidentals. They CHARGED MY CARD the full $116.50 and when I questioned them, the lady at the front desk (short blond hair, $ tree nails) assured me that it would come back off my card at check out. It did NOT. I called back multiple times and each time she assured me it would be taken care of, and after 2 weeks I got sick of the lies and filed a claim with my bank. Thank the Lord I had saved my receipts showing I paid full in cash, because the manager, Pamela Benford, tried disputing it! Also at check in, the first room they gave us was dirty with cups and trash in it still, so they gave us a different room, and than the office chair my (115 lb.) sister was sitting in broke underneath her! We told the front desk and they could care less. The kitchen staff at breakfast was not wearing hair nets or gloves and the overall feel of this hotel was gross. I literally apologized to my family for making them stay there, but all other hotels were booked due to conferences and stuff going on that weekend or we would have went elsewhere the first night! My advice is to stay anywhere besides this place.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed 17 May 2016

We chose this hotel because it was conveniently located to our daughters new apartment. When we checked in, the clerk informed us that the entire building was non smoking (as we requested a non smoking room), When we got to our room, it did have a strong ash tray smell. The hotel was under renovations so there was a lot of construction going on. Some things in the hotel were new, the mattresses and bedding, but the furniture was old and worn. The room was a lot larger then we expected, with a living room separate from the bedroom. The room overall was clean, We loved the thick mattress on the bed. The breakfast left a lot to be desired. We would probably stay here again, especially give the closeness to our daughters apartment. This will be a really nice place once all of the renovations are complete.

Stayed: May 2016
2  Thank 339jasons
ManagementGM37013, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that most of our amenities lived up to your expectations.I am very sorry to hear that you smelled ash, I want to assure you that we do our best to ensure that smokers do not smoke in our nonsmoking rooms; and when a situation like this occurs, we address it immediately, thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting to restore the clean smell of our accommodations. We hope you'll return to see how much we've grown through renovation and through addressing feedback like yours.