“Nice atmosphere”

Ranked #14 of 302 Restaurants in Abilene
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I really liked my salad. I had a coffee which was really good & the waiter brought a little vial of cream for me. The options for pizza were italian sausage, some type of bird, hamburger, margharita, & a couple others. The pizzas all come in one size. I thought ours tasted good. The menu changes based on what is in season.
When we went, the only salad dressing offered was vinegrette. They didn’t have ranch in the restaurant, not for salad & not for dipping your pizza in. Also, there are no straws available. They had Coke with real sugar, real sugar root beer, cream soda, & carbonated water, I think, but not Dr.Pepper or Sprite. No diet drinks available. Unsweet tea was an option & of course water.
The place was very clean & everyone was kind. Be sure to visit the bathrooms because not only is it cute in there, they have Flossers, feminine products, & other products available just in case you need it. Very considerate of the owners.

1  Thank SarahBeALight

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The owners had done a wonderful job with the atmosphere in this restaurant, from the exposed trusses and brick to the visible wood fired pizza oven near the bar. We also appreciated the eclectic music playlist and the conversation friendly acoustics in the room. Our waitress was pleasant, helpful and attentive. We ordered the Honey Garganzola salad, Margherita pizza and pints of beer. The salad consisted of fresh greens with just enough cheese, marcona almonds and dressing. The pizza was simple and delicious. The crust was perfect. Extras worth noting were the waitress bringing a carafe of water and two small glasses (without straws--which I appreciated), the tasteful service of crushed red pepper and fresh parmesan in glass vessels with spoons, and the spotlessly clean bathrooms with the welcome additions of niceties such as hair ties and feminine products.

1  Thank rangefree
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter introduced me to this restaurant about 2 months ago. The atmosphere and food was great. We have been back 3 other times and each time the service, food and atmosphere was consistent. Truly unique pizza.

1  Thank life108
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Weve eaten here since it was a food truck . They serve a margarita pizza on a normal crust!! We have had 4 of their pizzas..always tasty wish they used more basil but its yummy. Also the bread and butter is super yummy and way not needed ..but seriously get it . I like their wine and beer selection . I think the drink/waiter staff should be looked at because that is a bit slow and lackluster.

1  Thank daynafriend
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Walked in with 15 people from Dyess and the manager/owner basically tried to talk us out of eating there, even though half of their tables were open and they had plenty of room for us. Disappointed because I heard the pizza is awesome, but I won’t eat where my friends and I aren’t welcome.

Been to Vagabond Pizza? Share your experiences!