“Quite a Treat!”

Hickory Street Cafe
Ranked #16 of 277 Restaurants in Abilene
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Visited this cafe with my mom at the suggestion of an acquaintance and it was wonderful! I ordered the Ham and Mushroom Quiche with a garden salad. It was served quickly and piping hot. Maple Vinaigrette is delicious! Mother ordered the Chicken Salad with Grapes and Cashews accompanied by two slices of warm zucchini for which they are famous.

I really wanted to order dessert but the meal portions are large and I was too full!

They also serve daily soups, salads and other light lunch items. Gift items for purchase as well. Beautiful and relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Stopped in for a very good lunch on the way out west. Good friendly service. Good food and pleasant conversation with management.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

The BEST chicken salad and zucchini bread! Everything in here is quite good, but those are my favorites. Very cozy and quant place to eat with friends or family. Very cute decorations - even some for sale in the gift shop! LOVE this place. Service can sometimes be slow, especially during peak noon hour so allow extra time.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Arrived at 11:45 on a weekday and had to be put on a waiting list for a table for two. Seated us at 12:05. We ordered the chicken salad with zucchini bread on the side. Really liked the atmosphere and the service was good. I imagine that all of our food was pre-made, so we were served fairly quickly. I thought the chicken salad was tasty, but nothing special. The zucchini bread was average. Mine tastes much better. If you only have an hour for lunch, you're probably better off going somewhere else.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is one of my favorite places to eat. The atmosphere is quaint and lovely. The food is awesome! A great place for a group lunch with a nice variety on the menu.