“Great atmosphere!”

Hickory Street Cafe
Ranked #16 of 302 Restaurants in Abilene
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I was told about this cafe while working in Abilene. It was just a few blocks from the facility that I was visiting. The restaurant is located in a home that was built in 1895! How cool is that, great atmosphere! The service was excellent, I had their soup and sandwich combo. I had been told to try their chicken salad and zucchini bread (which I did). It was fantastic. I will definitely go back when I am in the area next. FYI they are only open for lunch.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Just a fun little place to visit with your girlfriend. They have all kinds of delicious lunch items, although the chicken salad is the 'go to' item for this shop. It comes with a lovely slice of zucchini bread. There is hardly anyway to go wrong at this stop with friendly and quick service. On the way out, you can pick up some cute trinkets or kitchen towels to satisfy your shopping tug. I enjoy this lunch stop every time!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

the broccoli mushroom quiche is my favorite - I have never found a better, more creamy, delicious quiche anywhere! :)

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This quaint eatery is nestled inside an old restored house and provides a very cool environment for lunch or brunch. The chicken salad is amazing. Always. The peace tea is also great. The zucchini bread is made of straight up crack. Don't miss it!

1  Thank BrandonScott7
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I alway order the chicken salad. It's yummy and comes with zucchini bread. The dining atmosphere is quaint and cozy.

Been to Hickory Street Cafe? Share your experiences!