“This is a motel”

La Quinta Inn Abilene
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 9 January 2017

This is not like the La Quintas that I have stayed at before. It is in the category of a Super 8 and if that is what you are expecting it will fit what you are looking for. It is a motel, not a hotel, and is very basic. The only thing that is like a La Quinta is the bed. It is comfortable. Since all I did was sleep there it was fine. I would not recommend it for any more than that.

Room Tip: Expect a low end end motel and you will be fine
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are very sorry to hear that the hotel was not up to par in regards to updates. Please note that this information has been passed on to our management staff to ensure improvements are considered and made. We very much appreciated your business and thank you for staying with us.

LQ Customer Care

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Travel to Eastland or the one in Sweetwater. As an Elite member, I was appalled by the state of this hotel. The smell in the room was smokey and stale. The hotel needs to be bulldozed down. 20 years ago this was what I remember about la quintas. Most places have come lots farther. This will not be a place we stop again at.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

41. Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay at our property. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We truly appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we continue to hard to work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

This was the third successive laQuinta we stayed in on an extended road trip through the south - and by far the worst. 1) Hair on counter next to sink and long strands on bathroom floor; 2) Mold growing on ceiling in bathroom; 3) Dead fly on top of heater: 4) Ceiling paint and paint on door peeling; 5) Worn-through carpeting; 6) No fridge or microwave: 7) screws in safety door-latch mounted to door-frame were loose to the point of almost falling out and 8): Plugged in my charger-cord for my laptop into two different outlets and the cord fell out of both outlets. When I looked at the lamp cords I unplugged, the prongs on the cord had been bent way wide apart to keep the plug in the outlet. (Doesn't seem safe to me.) For what it's worth....

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
LQ0544GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Mr. Jim P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected. Your bathroom not being clean is not the type of stay we want our guests to have.
I will use your review to help my team and I make this a better hotel to stay.

Sieedah F.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I have stayed at this hotel before and continue to do so. The check-in and check-out process is efficient and the staff as a general rule are FRIENDLY. One of the staff will even call about five minutes after you get in your room to make sure all is well. When it is humid in the area, the rooms are humid as well. The heating/air conditioning units are helpful in this situation.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Friendly staff and a good value for the money. Clean rooms interior maintained well. Easy to find Location on the interstate, Abilene is a nice city to visit. Close to two convenience stores for that midnight snack.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family