“Best Stuffed Catfish ”

Ranked #7 of 213 Restaurants in Addison
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Nate's has been family owned and operated for 30 years. We specialize in seasonal seafood, steaks, chicken, pasta, salads, and more! It only takes 2 visits to be a regular!!
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our visit here. Since we opted to sit in the bar area we were able to get a table right away. The bar area does allow smoking so if that bothers you, you may want to eat on the patio or wait for a table. They bring out complimentary garlic bread and hush puppies. The garlic bread is really good. Their hush puppies were the only thing that I did not like. They were bland and not the best I've had. The stuffed catfish is amazing and a big portion. I definitely will be back for this again! They also have lots of sides to choose from. I got the stuffed potato. It was on the small side but it was very good. Good first time visit and I plan to come back.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Lisamg01
Jonathan P, Owner at Nate's Seafood and Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

My last visit to Nate's (and I DO mean last visit) was with friends who moved out of town several years ago. They wanted to re-visit places they enjoyed when they lived here. Nate's was on that list. When arriving, you're practically forced to valet park, which always irritates me. We did not wait too long for a table, which was good because the stench of cigarette smoke from the bar area was nearly unbearable. While the French bread appetizer was great, the rest of the meal was not. The gumbo was sub-par, and the sausage that came with the red beans and rice was as bland as a ballpark frank. When asked, the waiter informed us that it was made with Eckrich smoked sausage. Really!?!? No genuine Cajun andouille?! We left without having dessert, and without plans of ever returning.

1  Thank Shadowsdaddy
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I have the seafood salad and all the various seafood was great. The service was excellent we sat at the bar. My boyfriend had a poor bo and crawfish and he is from LA and he said "not bad". They do allow smoking which is rare, but most people were using a vapor, only one had a real cig. It was good and we went back!

2  Thank Jane L
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I visited Nate's on a Saturday evening. The place was packed and the crowd was definitely alive! If you love seafood, this would be a good fit for you. The tables were overflowing with big crawfish, corn, potatoes, crabs, beer and hot towels. I ordered the Mother Tucker Oysters. You have chargrilled oysters topped with cheddar and lump crab meat. For the integrity of the oysters, I'd do w/o the cheddar cheese and the crab you pay more for the extra toppings but don't get enough crab to make a difference and the small amount you do get is lost in the thick cheddar. I'd go for the chargrilled oysters plain next time, but would definitely return again. The gumbo had potential, but fell short. With soooooo many options to choose from, live music, fun atmosphere...I'd definitely try Nate's again. The service was great, btw

1  Thank TravelGeek813
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I loved the ample portions of seafood served to my party of three. we ordered huge helpings of crawfish which were 5.95 per pound. also ordered some baked oysters ..they were huge oysters cooked to perfection...it was an appetizer.
my daughters boyfriend ordered the shrimp po boy. huge portion . I love this place. The waiter named ken kept our water glasses full and served the entrees warm and with wonderful food presentation. the hostess named sandy had worked there more than twenty years. the manager also came to check on us frequently to see if were were satisfied. we ate there on april 17, 2017. the place was packed. there is ample free parking around the restaurant. I am sure I shall return in the near future. thank you to the nates staff for making this one of my new fave restaurants to visit!

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank arlene b

Been to Nate's Seafood and Steakhouse? Share your experiences!