“WONDERFUL Night's rest!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 12 March 2017

This Holiday Inn Express is not rated as highly as the one on I-40, but I've been there as well. This location is the better one of the two...VERY QUIET! The beds are new and firm and we both enjoyed a great night's rest here. Staff is friendly and helpful and were kind when we checked in late.

Room Tip: We always request top floor away from interstates and have never been disappointed
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilela

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Although the hotel is undergoing renovations and remodeling, it's a nice place to stay and economical. We stayed on the 3rd floor and our room was fully renovated. Very clean, fresh and modern. The double room was a little tight with 2 adults and fully gown teenager but still comfortable. Seemed like all new beds, fixtures, carpet, draperies, etc.. There was a small fridge in the room along with a small area equipped with a Keurig and microwave, and sink. The bathroom was spacious, nice clean shower, great shower head tall enough for my 6'3" husband, good water pressure and didn't run out of hot water. Nice large counter area so two of us could fit easily. The room also has a wall thermostat but still has the "old fashioned" wall blower which can be noisy. We prefer rooms without them because it blows right on the bed next to it. The big downside to our room was that it faced the highway so it was noisy. No way to get rid of the highway noise. The majority of the renovation that we could see was down on the main floor but never heard any construction noise on the 3rd floor. The breakfast area was moved to a different room while renovations are taking place but certainly still a nice room with all the breakfast choices. There was coffee, tea, juices, cereal, yogurt, milk (regular and chocolate), bagels, English muffins, biscuits, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, oatmeal and fruit. I don't think you will leave hungry. We would consider staying again but would request a room that doesn't face the highway.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Babette M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear Babette M,

Glad you stayed at our Holiday Inn Express and Suites Amarillo TX and leaving feedback. I am sorry about the unwanted noise coming from the hi-way. Rest assured this will be taken up with our team for enhancement necessary. I am happy for your patience and to learn that you are satisfied with the improvements made for the hotel. Thank you for your patronage and we hope we get the pleasure of hosting you on your next visit to the area.

Best Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We stay our second time here. The room they gave was fine but the air condition made lots of nose. We called to a reception desk and they changed the room. So was good. Pity they don't give discounts if you stay again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay. Rooms were very clean. It was actually quite in the hotel. We stayed in the remodeled part. Was very nice. Loved the breakfast. Worth the stay. I would recommend it to anyone. They staff was very nice and helpful.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I've got allergies...bad. I can smell what people had for breakfast and other unknowables when I walk into a hotel room and it can make me ill and anxious.
My solution was the great and friendly Sergio who helped check me and my family in. He helped me get a room that smelled pristine (other rooms had the new construction/remodeling smells that make me ill). He has my thanks and prayers! First night I had a good sleep in a while too.
Will definitely be coming to this place again just for their understanding alone. Their remodeling is also a nice plus too.

Room Tip: Just be courteous and people will respond likewise.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family