Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East
US$129
Hampton.com
US$129
US$104
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo(Amarillo)
US$110
US$100
My Place Hotel-Amarillo, TX(Amarillo)
US$91
All reviewsbig texanclose to the airportcinnamon rollssausageparking lot isgreat showerhotel chainfront desk clerkindoor poolroom was clean and comfortablefree breakfastarrived latebooked this hotelking suitenight's sleepwest sidehie
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Friendly staff. Beautifully decorated. Clean. Bathroom in our room was AWFUL. Shower curtain did not cover the opening and water leaked all across the floor.....during each of our four showers. We clean up after ourselves whenever we stay at a hotel, but this was MAJOR work that should not have been necessary. Pool was wonderful. Breakfast too. Just inconsistent among all areas.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Christine W,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback about the friendly staff and cleanliness of the hotel, and we are glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and pool area. On the other hand, please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings regarding the bathroom quality. I have forwarded your concerns with the respective departments for appropriate action, and ensure that similar situations will be avoided.

Your feedback is very important to us as this helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We do hope you would consider staying with us again on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

1st plus is that they are pet friendly. Very nice comfortable room. I had been traveling with my granddaughter, 5 , and she was very pleased with the pool and spa :-) She ( like many 5 year olds) is an honest cretic. Being and IHG club member , If you aren't I would recommend you become, I got late check out ( 2pm) so she could enjoy her stay and the pool. The room was very clean and pleasant. The only reason I didn't rate EXCELLENT is because I didn't eat the free breakfast buffet. I was to tired from traveling and the beds were to comfortable to get out of LoL :-) The price was very,very reasonable 129$ with pet. Again IHG membership was able to get me a better price. The staff were very friendly and helpful and non robotic. I will definitely be using this hotel again and would high recommend it to anyone. Plus, if you are traveling with family for fun everyone usually "eats&runs" so by 10 or 11 you and your family could possibly have place to yourselves. Like we did :-) Enjoy them and make memories

Room Tip: Ask for a back side room as to avoid any possible road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 5FishingStooges
Reviewed 25 June 2014

En route to Oklahoma, our 2nd and final night of a 1400+ mile road trip after a 8 hour drive from Las Cruces, NM. I use Holiday Inn's and IHG properties when I can. This did not disappoint, familiar quality, service and hospitality. Right off I-40 and easy access to food, gas and other businesses we had a great stopover. Kudo's to staff who had a color board with our name indicating us as VIP Customers.

Room Tip: Amazing that our room was ground floor on the I-40 side of the hotel. Quiet as ever, good soundproofing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Proximity to airport is nice. Check in was simple and quick.
I can see this hotel being an issue if you don't have a vehicle. Its only within walking distance of one restaurant (buffalo wild wings) and a couple gas stations. There are no sidewalks, no places to walk.
My room was clean, I did not have any issues with the water temperature. I may try a different HI Express in town the next time I'm there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Jeff K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I really like HI EX, but this place is unlike any others at which I've stayed. It has some control on the sink and shower faucets that limit you to warm water. The web site states there is an airport shuttle (the location is less than a mile from the airport, but one could not safely walk there even without luggage...no sidewalks on a four lane road); however, when you call on arrival at 5:00 pm, the staff informs you unaologetically that the shuttle does not run after 4:00 pm. The one vending machine serving three floors of rooms is mostly out of stock. When my selection got stuck, it took a staffer 20 minutes to first attempt to shake the large nachine, then to get the key, then fool around with the key for @ five minutes to get it open. I know it's not the Ritz Carlton, but please!

Room Tip: Use the HI EX off Wolfton Ave or the Fairfield Inn by the airport.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear LisaGutts,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do value all feedback we receive from our guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best experience possible. We are sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced caused by the hotel shuttles service and amenities. Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope you give us the opportunity to regain your confidence by providing the level of quality service that you expect on your next visit.

Zelyn N