All reviews b bs home from home each morning biscuits and gravy close proximity comfortable bed terry hosts fraternity texas stadium rates bedroom
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I chose the Thornton Inn because of it’s close proximity to the UT campus where my conference was being held, and had a wonderful stay.

Terry stayed late to accommodate my late arrival, and woke up early to have breakfast ready for me when I requested it. Breakfast was great (usually eggs and bacon). Terry provided suggestions for food and directions for getting around. A very pleasant host!

The rooms are spotless, completely updated and better than a lot of the big chain hotels I’ve stayed at.

A word of caution—noise really carries throughout the house. It was not very busy when I was there, so no complaints on my end.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
TheThorntonInnBB, Owner at The Thornton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for the review. We always appreciate when we hear a guest tell us that we helped make their stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I greatly enjoyed my stay at the Thornton Inn in Arlington, Texas. This lovely historic building has been converted into a superb Bed and Breakfast. My room was excellent. Terry who runs this establishment does an outstanding job. When I explained to him that I was a vegan, he prepared delicious vegan breakfasts for me. During my visit, I attended two Texas Rangers games at Globe Life Park. Terry provided me with transportation to and from the ballpark. He drove me to the park at the precise time I requested. Each day, he picked me up immediately after the ballgame. The Thornton Inn is one of the finest Bed and Breakfasts I have ever stayed at.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights while on our honeymoon traveling throughout Texas. We felt very welcome and comfortable here. The breakfasts were delicious and our room was clean with a comfortable bed. The owners are great hosts who can recommend restaurants and activities in the area. They even gave us their own coupon for one of the places they recommended.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We where two guys from Denmark who came to the thornton to watch a football game at at&t. We expected two beds and a bathroom. The thornton should not have a 4,5 rating here. It should have a lot more. We got a really nice room like we wanted and we also had two hosts who was freindly, helpfull and really nice to us. Nice homecooked breakfeast every day, a lot of guidance about where to go and just a lot of good hospitallity. Would love to go there again some day.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Our hotel reservation got messed up and we started Googling for an alternative at 7 AM on a Wednesday. Every hotel was completely inhospitable and would not help us. We called Thornton and Terry, the owner, like a knight in shining armour had a room for us and it turned out to be far better than any commercial hotel. He and his wife are darling and it is a lovely, quaint place to stay. I would recommend to any weary traveler wanting to feel at home.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
TheThorntonInnBB, Owner at The Thornton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that we were able to smooth your journey when things were falling apart. We look forward to seeing you in your future visits to North Texas.