“Best chicken shawarma ever”
Review of Abo Youssef

Abo Youssef
Ranked #947 of 4,026 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I recently tried the chicken shawarma from this cute little food truck and I would give it 5 stars. It is as good as the shawarma you can get in the Middle East. The flavor and quality of the chicken is excellent, the pita wrap is perfectly toasted, and it is topped with the most delicious garlic sauce and a few pickles. The falafel is also excellent if you prefer a vegetarian option. I highly recommend a try if you are in the area.

1  Thank G M

Reviewed 6 May 2016

After several disappointing mediterranean experiences in Austin, Abo Youssef definitely exceeds everything else. Great taste, super awesome owner, massive portion sizes. Disappointed in myself that I did not find this year. Great prices for great food.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Wonderful food from a cool airstream trailer kitchen. it's all good, especially the gyros and the kabob plate

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Got there just before closing time at lunch on Saturday. Was afraid we had missed it, but owner was very friendly and assured us that we still had 4 minutes to order ! Got the Gyro Plate and the Falafel & Gardenia Plate. Each was excellent. Tasty, aromatic, well-prepared, and extremely generously portioned. Very good rice, gyro meat, salad, hummus, and tsaziki. The BEST Falafel I have had in a long time-- very crisply fried on outside and perfect on inside. Dolmas were good, but not exceptional. The "Gardenia" of eggplant, zucchini, & cauliflower was delicious. Each plate was enough food for two, so we enjoyed our leftovers for another meal. Mint lemonade was one of the tastiest drinks we have had lately as well. Will definitely return to explore the menu further. Our new favorite Middle Eastern go to !
Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 February 2016

This food truck has about 5 or 6 tables and parking spaces. Get yourself there before they run out of these savory delights! I ordered felafel and gardenia plate and was very pleasantly surprised by the freshness, authenticity and flavor! Sitting on a bed of delicious rice, there were 4 ( I think) crispy delicious felafel balls, fried eggplant, savory cauliflower, tahini, chopped salad, hummus and pita. Everything was succulent ( with the exception of the last 2 items). The only way this could possibly be improved is if the
The chef/ owner could make his own pita and hummus in house. Even with this bit of disappointment, this is hands down the best middle eastern food I've had in a long time!

Been to Abo Youssef? Share your experiences!